Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

For all those 2nd time round mummies

Evening Ladies

Hope you are all well tonight, I'm glad to be tucked under a duvet on my sofa as its blowing a gail outside (live in Glasgow) the weather is awful.

Anyways I'm on for a little advice from all those ladies who are on their 2nd pregnacy. My little girl is 8 months old and from my 6th week of pregnacy to the 15th I will ill with morning sickness so bad I couldn't get out of bed and was in hospital on a trip.

I am now pregnant again and roughly about 6weeks, I'm so worried that I'm going to get the same sickness again. If I do god knows how I'm going to look after my little girl.

I was just wondering if any of you were sick first time round then fine the 2nd time.

Thanks
Anne-Marie
xx:roll:

Replies

• hiya
    mine was the other way around, no sickness with the 1st but awful sickness with number 2 for about 16 weeks, with number 3 i had none and with this one ive had none either!!!!
    and they were all boys so the sex of the baby makes no difference, (well didnt with me anyway!!!)
    just try not to worry and hopefully the sick monster will not rear its ugly head, (ill keep my fingers crossed for you!!)
    good luck in your pregnancy and sorry im not much help!!
    love vikki
    32 weeks xx
  • hi i too was the other way about, first time no sickness, this time i was really sick until about 14 weeks!! i guess that gives you some reassurance that it doesnt always happen the same each pregnancy. i was also more tired etc this time, whereas last time i was desperate to feel any different..so for me the two pregnacies have been copletely different

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/1;19;29/st/20080523/dt/5/k/1ec5/preg.png

• Hiya, I'm about 8 weeks and starting to get a touch of morning sickness now, so far its just a bit of nausea and a feeling of being really hungry, I always call it 'hungry sick' !!! I had exactly the same feelings with my first pregnancy and in fact, I am craving exactly the same things to relieve it, like apples, ice lollies and tomatoes (oh and marmite!).

I'm hoping it stays the same as the last pregnancy as I was never actually sick with it (although I was later on in the pregnancy I think due to the baby taking up so much room and squashing my stomach - well that's what I put it down to anyway!)

I think every pregnancy's different though, this time I've been really dizzy and lightheaded and totally exhausted.