Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Looking for some stories of hope after miscarriage

Hi everyone,

This is my first time posting here. I had a missed miscarriage at 12 weeks (baby stopped growing around 10 weeks). I took misoprostol to induce the miscarriage 10 days ago.

I have taken several HPTs in the last three days, and they have all come back negative - which makes me think my HCG is back down to 0?

all I can think about is wanting to get pregnant again ASAP. The doctors told me to wait for my first period, but I am tempted to just let nature take over starting now, and then after my first period get more serious about using OPKs to track ovulation.

I am really just looking for some stories of hope - I am terrified to get pregnant again and have another loss, and I also don't want to make a bad decision trying again before my first period.

any stories of people who got pregnant again before their first period, and stories of successful pregnancies after a first miscarriage would really help right now.

The baby we lost was our first pregnancy... 

Replies

• Hi JacquieMarie, welcome to the forum and we're so sorry to hear of your loss. 
    We thought you might find some of these threads interesting/helpful. 

This is a long running thread for women who have miscarried. They're all genuinely lovely women, who'll likely understand what you're going through. 

This thread is about women who are pregnant after a miscarriage.

And this is a beautiful thread, which will hopefully give you lots of hope, all full of women who have gone on to have their Rainbow babies; a baby after miscarriage or loss. 

We do hope these help. Sending virtual (((hugs)))

• Jacqui I am so sorry to hear about your miscarriage it’s truly heartbreaking, I myself had a miscarriage in September last year after 3 successful scans at 9,10 & 12 weeks I then went for another one at 13 weeks and baby’s heart had stopped, I felt like my whole world had come crashing down, I have a daughter who had just turnt 3 at the time and she knew I was pregnant and would ask about her brother or Sister and my heart ached for the sibling she may never have, like you I just wanted to start trying straight away I couldn’t accept the fact that I wasn’t pregnant anymore so I waited for the bleeding to stop (make sure you do that otherwise you could get an infection) and I started trying BEFORE first period (they only ask you to wait because of dating reasons, it would not increase your risk of another miscarriage) unfortunately I didn’t fall pregnant that month and was so gutted i Felt like it was never going to happen I was certain I got pregnant that month but nope af turnt up on the 7th October right on schedule we carried on trying and that month I knew for sure I wasn’t pregnant didn’t feel any different and then on the 30th October after not having mentioned the miscarried baby for weeks my daughter looked at my tummy and shouted we are having a baby! My heart broke for her again and then I started thinking what if she knows something I don’t curiosity got the better of me and I took a test the following morning and it was positive I burst into tears I couldn’t believe it and then the constant worry set in the shaking and being almost in tears in the waiting room for every scan, constantly prodding my bump for movements was worth every second of pain worth every tear I’d cried because my angel baby sent me a beautiful healthy baby boy on the 19th July 2018, stay strong, allow yourself to grieve and Have a good cry because as early as the time next year you could be holding your rainbow baby 🌈 every thread Danielle has mentioned the girls are so lovely I definitely recommend joining them all they have got me through such a tough time in my life and I appreciate every single one of them for all there help and there is not a group of people on this planet that will be rooting for a healthy baby for you as much as they will Be! Good luck I really hope youre not waiting long 🌈 

• I am so glad someone started this thread as I too need hope after losing my Maisey rose at 14 weeks due to downs syndrome and heart and brain structural  problems she would not have survived or would have been too poorly so we had no choice but to have a medical miscarriage. It was so heartbreaking as we had tried for 2 years to fall. I didn't have it easy I had to have placenta removed manually then 2 weeks later emergency ERPC  as womb became infected and had to collect maiseys ashes from crematorium same week . Bled for 6 weeks solid with giant clots . Stopped a week and just had first normal period. Want to try again but hoping it won't take so long 

• Jacqui I am so sorry to hear of your loss. It took me 2 years to fall with my son. The pregnancy was textbook so I assumed things would be the same when I got pregnant when he was 15 months. Unfortunately at our 12 week scan we discovered our baby had Edwards syndrome and there fore a non viable pregnancy. We had a medical termination at 14 weeks. This was followed by 2 more early miscarriages. It was at this point my husband and I decided that after 2 years of heartache we would stop trying and be happy with our son and a month later I found out I was expecting and went on to have another beautiful son who is now nearly 2. After any kind of miscarriage it does rob you of the excitement as you will naturally worry but it is all so worth it in the end. The thread mentioned by Danielle was invaluable to me and the ladies there were so caring and helpful. Good luck with trying again and I hope you get your rainbow baby soon xx

• First of all I am so sorry to hear that your going though this. I had a miscarriage last June and confirmed on 19th of June. They also told me to wait a month but I felt so lost and no purpose anymore I was so depressed and literally became obsessed with the idea of having a baby! I did a lot of research and even asked my doctors that the reason they ask you to wait is so they can date your pregnancy properly as it seems to annoy them when they can’t. My belief is that if your body is ready. It’ll happen!! Anyway after about A week or so I told my partner I’m pregnant again. He didn’t believe me! I could just feel it! I said either that or I’m going crazy! (I also did a test after I’d lost my baby and it was a clear bfn) anyway obviously it was too early too test (I probably did and again negative but I just knew it). Anyway on July the 10th I had my first positive test! I didnt believe it and tested daily with it gradually getting darker. I even felt that the egg had come from the right! Anyway I told the doctors they said it’s basically impossible and that I would of had to of got pregnant like a few days after my confirmed scan of my miscarriage (19th June) so I had to go in every few days for blood tests. They told me ”oh it’s your left over hormone probably and there is no way you will feel what side your egg has came from). Anyway after two weeks after all my bloods they said wow you actually are pregnant! I was over the moon. Then at what I believed for me to be 6 weeks pregnant I started bleeding again but it was different it was brownish so I panicked thinking this is all happening again! So I was booked in for a scan. I told the scan person the egg came from the right and I’d be six weeks today. She said You wouldn’t feel what side the eggs from probably and your probably not 6 weeks as that’s too close to your miscarriage and we probably wont be able to see anything on the scan this early . I said whatever in my head anyway. Got the internal scan part and she was like ok you actually did ovulate from the right side! And you are bang on six weeks today. Meaning I was right and I got pregnant within days after 19th June!!  And now I have a 5 month old baby rainbow girl next to me wacking my leg! Sorry for long post but it can happen and miracles happen!!!!! Id let you body do the work and when its ready it’ll happen! All the best xxx

• II'm so very sorry for your loss.  I too miscarried my first baby at 8 weeks.   O was so upset as waited ages to be a mummy.

Then....

3 weeks later literally I caught again  and now my rainbow baby boy is now 1. 

I'm now trying for baby number two. 

Fingers crossed for you all. Xx