Forum home Babies Baby

do i put baby to bed before I go up to bed or do i take baby up to bed when I go up?

I am going to ask a really stupid question (probably!) 

I am going to become a mum soon! And I want to ask you lovely mums something about bedtime. 

So i know that you are suppose to keep baby in the room with you for the first 6 months, we have got a bedside crib. here is the stupid, but genuine question! So am I allowed to put baby to bed before I go up to bed obviously in the bedside crib with the sides up and with a monitor on baby. or do i take baby up when I go up to bed so I'm with it all the time when it is sleeping? 

I know everyone has their own way of doing things but what is reccommended? What do you do/did you do with a newborn? 

Thank you! 

Replies

• As long as you have a monitor I don’t see any problem with putting baby to sleep before you

How else are you going to get a few hours to yourself! 👍🏼😂

• Hey 

I just had a baby 4 weeks ago and I take her to bed when I go she normally doesn’t settle for bed properly until around half 11 so I just take her with me. I have monitors also so when she is still asleep in the morning I can do things down the stairs knowing she is safe.

every baby is different so do what you feel is best you will find your own routine but it’s true sleep as much as you can with them as they are demanding and once they are awake longer you will want to go to bed with them

• I must admit I never put my DS to bed before I went up until after 6months but that’s not to say I wouldn’t if I had another, I was so paranoid with him I kept him with me at all times but I think establishing a good bedtime routine is key and helps them distinguish between night and day.

• Thank you so much!!! 

• By 8:30 before and dont leave milk bottle in crib. U can buy a monitor that has soothing sounds to begin patterns for sleep training