Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

crying for nothing!!?

Am on my mat leave-feeling a little fed up of spending so much time on my own, and just generally down.

Have been sorting some bits all morning-was just guna get dressed-have ironed my new maternity top, a nice purple jumper for winter from debenhams that bought last wk and worn once.

Well put it on, and our stupid washing machine has destroyed it-(its a washer /dryer) but the dryer part ruins our clothes for some reason-even though on lowest heat, and my new jumper is all pulled and looks terrible now.
and i've just started crying, i know i've no real reason-but just feel like a baby elephant-nothing fits, im freezing and look cr@p in everything. Just want to feel nice again-feel invisible in front of OH-and only have couple of trousers/tracksuit bottoms that can wear-and everything looks terrible image

Sorry for rant girls-just need to vent image

God-feel so ungrateful now-i know im really lucky to be preggers-but god its tough at times!! Friggin hormones :roll:

Replies

• rant away!!!
    Im not even that far gone, but im already stressing about what to wear!
    There is not one single shop in my town centre that sell maternity clothes! How stupid is that?
    I went elsewhere last night and didnt like anything I saw!
    I also have a 34 inch inside leg and cant find any trousers long enough!
    What am I gonna do for 8 months??!
    I almost cried there and then.
    Shopping is no fun anymore!

Hope the rant made you feel better!
    xx
  • rant away!!!
    Im not even that far gone, but im already stressing about what to wear!
    There is not one single shop in my town centre that sell maternity clothes! How stupid is that?
    I went elsewhere last night and didnt like anything I saw!
    I also have a 34 inch inside leg and cant find any trousers long enough!
    What am I gonna do for 8 months??!
    I almost cried there and then.
    Shopping is no fun anymore!

Hope the rant made you feel better!
    xx
  • I really, really do sympathise. I just feel so unattractive :\( Hubby tells me to stop being silly but like you say, I feel totally invisible in front of him. Can't remember the last time he paid me a compliment.

Was just saying over on Due in Dec that I'm going to a wedding tomorrow and i'm dreading getting dressed up - I'll only end up looking like a marshmallow and no one will think I look nice - they'll just think I look pregnant.

I also keep bursting into tears for no reason. Am totally fed up!

35+2
  • oh thanks for the re-assurance girlies-nice to know others feeling same!
    Dont feel so crazy now...

Im finally dressed-and going to go for a waddle to get some fresh air-have a look around the shops and see if I can find anything nice, if not, im guna treat myself to some benefit make-up-just their packaging makes me feel prettier!

PTB-nearly cried when read your reply-so know what you mean re compliments...oh how i miss those... :\(

He wont know whats hit him when I'm back to myself once she is here and me and little one are all prettified and having our girlie days out together...I'm sure he'll take notice then! image

(I've a little image of me all made up with hair all fab and bouncy, tenny waist, tottering out the door with my little pink squishy faced bubs -haha-wishful thinking! am sure the reality be diff-but its the only thing getting me through these last few weeks!!! :lol: )

Sammie + bump 36+1
  • I know hubby loves and cares about me but he's not awfully good at making the effort to show it. I'm lucky to have him but I wish he'd try a bit harder to reassure me - I really, really need him to right now.

He hasn't helped matters by commenting on the fact that a girl we met the other day whose baby is 10 weeks old had clearly recently had her hair done - he said something like "you'd have thought she had other priorities". So now he's made me feel like I'm not allowed to think about myself or be pretty once I've had the baby.

Oh dear, it's all doom and gloom here today! Like you say sammiebmouse, at least we have each other.

PS One of my cats has just pooed in the hallway (cue tears, because I know I'm not supposed to clean it up but the smell is making me feel sick so I can't just leave it there.) AAARGHHHH :x
  • ooohhhh can i join the crying club too?!?

went to make myself a cuppa this morning and ran out of milk so that started me off! OH thinks i look really sexy at this stage of preg (32 weeks) - believe me 'sexy' is not how i'd describe how i look - rhino maybe! so more tears there!

then i started crying cos i was feeling gulity about crying as we tried for baby for 12 months!

the take that tickets i got this morning have cheered me up slightly though - just need to marry gary barlow and the world will be rosy again!

xx
  • I'm like this too :\( Going for my antenatal check in an hr, not sure if I should mention it.... actually concerned it might be depression, woke up at 5am for the loo and couldn't go back to sleep. Yesterday I rang hubby in hysterics cause his mum has taken to stalking me, scared the crap out of him - he had to ring me back once I'd calmed down cause he didn't know what I was saying