Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Symptoms Suddenly Stopped - UPDATE

Ladies, I had a gut feeling something wasn't as it should be and I was right. A scan at the EPU today showed that my pregnancy is anembryonic - the embryo had stopped developing a few days after conception but my body has continued to behave as if I were pregnant.

Spontaneous miscarriage could take a while to happen so I'm going in on Monday for a D&C.

For the first time in my life I experienced that 'life falling down around you' feeling when I saw the empty sac on the scan screen.

Take care of yourselves and your beans/bumps ladies - wishing you all happy and healthy pregnancies and beautiful bouncing babies.

B x

Replies

• So sorry to hear your sad news,it's an awful thing to go through.Wishing you all the best for the future.xx
  • oh busby. i'm so sorry to hear such sad news. i know nothing i or anyone says will be able to make u fell any better. please take care of urself, rest up and lean on those closest to u for support.

take care

xx
  • Awww I am so very sorry to hear this.

Know we are thinking of you hun.

Take care

Suzie xx

• Oh darling I am so sorry, take care
    viki x x x
  • Busby, I am so so sorry

Take care xxxxxxxxxx
  • OMG!! Busby i'm so sorry for you and your family, I'm really upset for you. My thoughts are with you at this difficult time. I hope all goes well for you on Monday. Please take care of yourself, lots of hugs ((((())))))
  • oh my god hun im so sorry to hear this i had this myself hun and i just dont know what to say i wish you all the best hun big hugs x x x
  • take care of each other,our thoughts are with you x
  • Oh Busby image
    hon im so gutted for you. im truely sorry at your sad news and im sending you loads of big hugs.
    look after yourself and I hope we see you back on here really soon.
    thinking of you and take care xxx
  • Oh Busby, how devastating for you both, I'm so sorry to hear that. You're in my prayers. Take care xxxx
  • Hi Busby,
    I'm very new to this site but felt that I should let you know that I know exactly what your going through.

I went for a EP scan at 7 weeks after I had experienced cramps and a little bleeding. They informed me that everything was normal and we could even see a tiny heartbeat on the screen!

I had noticed recently that my symptoms had disapperaed over the past couple of weeks ( I would have been 13 wks this sat).Hunger had gone, tiredness etc but thought that maybe this was normal being that its my first pregnancy.So off we went nervous but excited to the hospital yesterday morning for our rouine 12 week scan....only to be told there was no heart beat.What they call a missed miscarriage( just what you had described)

I can completely relate to that 'life falling down around you' feeling as we were totally devastated.It was by far the worst moment of my life and it was as if I was waiting for someone to wake me from the nightmare.

I went in today for a D&C and am home now and recovering well.I was absolutely terrified of what today had in store for me but the hospital staff were brilliant and there were other women there in the same boat as me.My partner has been amazing and has barely left my side throughout the whole thing, even though I know he's hurting too.I now feel a little more positive but it may take sometime to heal.

I wish you all the very best for Monday, be brave and I promise it does get easier.
    Lots of love,
    Claire xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • I am so sorry Busby and Claire-Lou to hear your sad news... thinking of you x
  • Im so sorry to hear that busby and Claire-lou. Sending you both big ((((hugs)))) and please know im thinking of you at this hard time.

Suzi xxxxxx

[Modified by: Suzi*N* on November 15, 2008 12:53 AM]

• So sorry to hear your sad news hun. Take care of eachother

Tracey x x
  • Busby and Claire-Lou, I'm so sorry to hear your sad news. thinking of you

Aileen xx
  • Oh God Busby, I am so sorry to hear this, poor you!! Will miss you on the June forum and hope to see you back on here very soon. But give yourself time won't you. Sending lots of love and hugs.

Claire-Lou - so sorry to read what you've been through. Glad your partner's being so great, and take care of yourself over the wkend.

Ames x
  • oh sweetheart i am so sorry to hear about your loss.
    MC is a really sad thing to happen to anyone, i have been through it as have loads of ladies on here. you will get through it, and before you know it you will have a beautiful baby in your arms.
    look after your self xxxxxx
  • im so sorry for the two ladies i think you very brave to post and at least you know people actually mean what they say here we on your side and hope you and partners heal and go on to have more childrenx x x xx x x
  • So sorry honey thinking of you both x
  • Claire-Lou, just to say you take care too, I just can't believe what i'm reading, i'm so sorry for the two of you. It was lovely of you to let Busby know that you really understand xx