Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Brown discharge v.worried

Hi all

Ive been having cramps for the last two weeks and not really concerned as read on the net they are common, but this morning woke up and there was brown discharge when i wiped which has got more pinky as the day has gone on went to the GP this morning who referred me to early pregnancy unit for a scan but they said they are over booked and cant fit me in till monday so have to wait for the next few days but just wondered if anyone else had, had this and if all had turned out ok?

xxxx

Rach 6+1

Replies

• I sometimes get a brown discharge arround the time I would normally ovulate - and always have (since I was a teenager) so my MW has said it's nothing to worry about, as itis just my body carrying on what it has always done.

Try not to worry - it probably is nothing (unless you start bleeding properly) but it is good to get it checked out on Monday anyway (and it's a good opportuity to see your bean a few weeks early!)

Good luck,
    Let us know how you got on!

Nx
  • Good luck hun hope all is OK - they do tend to say if its not red blood then its not fresh so shouldnt be anything to worry about - keeping everything crossed 4u

xxx
  • thanks for your replies, the GP was feeling my stomach this morning and asking if it hurt which it didnt should it hurt if your pregnant?

xxx
  • good luck for monday and i hope all is ok. take care. xxx
  • good luck try not to worry - i would only really worry if it was red blood - but even then it doesnt necessarily mean anything!

• I had this and I completely paniced but had an early scan and everything was fine, even saw a little heartbeat. The midwife said that its very common between 6-8 weeks to have this and she sees it all the time xx
    11+2
  • I had this for a few days when I was about 6 weeks and it was the embryo's emplanting. Try not to worry as brown blood is not necessarily a bad sign.

x

16 weeks - Twins
  • I had this for a few days when I was about 6 weeks and it was the embryo's emplanting. Try not to worry as brown blood is not necessarily a bad sign.

x

16 weeks - Twins
  • try not worry, I had similar but a bit later on, as long as it isnt bright red they say its probably implantaion bleeding (it turns out mine was a low lying placenta) If it gets any heavier go straight to a&e they will check you over.

Rach
    25+5
  • When the docs ask if it hurts with pressure, they are looking out for a possible ectopic pregnancy, in which case I hear it would hurt with pressure because the egg has settled in the wrong place (f tube) and starts to grow. If you have no pain, it's a good thing.
    Brown discharge can be nothing, as i'm sure you have read over and over again, but I understand how scary it is, as this happened to me, just try and relax until your scan on monday where things will be much clearer then.
  • Hi,

I had this too and then 2 bleeds but all is well it was just implantation. You would be surprised how common it is. Worrying though when it's happening to you, try to relax and I'm sure all will be fine.

Hugs

Sazzle
  • Hi all thanks so much for replies has really reassured me, and im starting to feel sick again so hopefully thats a good sign will let you know how i get on monday xxx