Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

New cycle, positive mindset

Hi girls, thought I would start a new thread for those of us who are starting a new cycle and who could do with a place to be positive and excited about a new chance to make our future baby! I'm on day 2 after a 26 day cycle (usually 28 days but we'll see), initially very disappointed yesterday when AF starter but feeling very optimistic for this month now. 

Anyone got any plans for this cycle? I'm taking 2 x 400mg of Agnus Castus a day, an we've said we will BD every other day once AF ends. We're on holiday all next week so hopefully that'll help chill us out (though we will be bedsharing with our toddler so she may be a c*ck block!)

Anyone else heading into a new cycle feeling good?

Replies

• Hey! Yes ive jus started my cycle im cd 2 today so one behind u. I had a very long cycle there cd 41 so was glad to get my AF to start over again thank goodness! The cycle before that was cd 51 ive came off the pill a few months ago so my cycles are slightly over the place hoping they regulate soon. Got my positive head on so fingere crossssed!! Xx

• I like this positivity post!! What a great idea. I'm feeling super positive this month and feel like this is 'the month'! I'm currently 4dpo after an extremely late ovulation. We BD the day before ovulation, ovulation day, and the day after. Since then iv been sure to have my pineapple and Brazil nuts everyday, keeping my feet warm (Chinese tradition to keeping a 'warm uterus') and falling asleep to fertility meditation  music. I must say... It's all very lovely and relaxing! 

Lots of baby dust to you ladies xxx 

• Hi ladies, 

Hope u don't mind me joining yur positive thread. I'm 3dpo atm took soy isoflavones last 2 cycles. My period r regular read a lot about soy thought I'll give them a go ovulated 3days late this cycle. We BD b4 and on the day of +opk not after that so don't kno if i have a chance this cycle.

Good luck and baby dust to u all❤

• Hey! Glad we all have our positive pants on 😄 I haven't heard of the Brazil nuts thing before, do you just eat them after ovulation or all the way through?

How soon will you guys be testing who are already past ovulation? I really want to wait until AF is late this time but I'm not sure I'll be able to!

• Hello ladies. I'm cd17 today. Average of a 28-31 day cycle. Early miscarriage last month. Feeling good now and bd every 2nd day. No idea when I ovulate as don't use opk's. Fingers crossed and baby dust to us all xxx

• Hi ladies, CD3 today and in desperate need of positivity!! 

Quick backstory: this is my 4th month off BC pills, cycles have gone from 43, to 36 and now 30. I had an early MC at 5 weeks on 6th August so felt like I might be able to catch again quickly but this cycle clearly wasn't the one, so hoping this new cycle will bring some positive news! 

X

• Hi ladies!

I am also CD3. This is my third month off BCP. My cycle is around 28 days. I don't do opk, only plan to bd every other day and to stay positive, laid baid, and not symptom watch too closely. I am not too anxious about conceiving, if it happens I'm happy and I am also fine if it ends up taking longer than expected! (Of course, I get disappointed when AF shows up, but it's part of the process..)

Good luck everyone xx

• Hey Billy, we're cycle buddies! Hopefully this month will go quicker than the last! Wishing you lots of luck! Xx

• Meowsam, just eat the Brazil nuts everydau after ovulation (about 5 a day). Pineapple for 5 days after ovulation. 

I won't be testing until my period is late xx 

• Billy and Lou Lou, we're cycle buddies 😊 though I'm not sure whether to expect AF after a 26 day cycle like this past month or 28 days like usual. We'll wait and see I guess! Definitely gonna try Brazil nuts and pineapple. 

I have a question for you guys, this may be a bit TMI. I don't naturally have a very high sex drive. Like I could get by just having sex once a week and be happy! My partner would have sex every say if he could. Is anyone else like me and finds it hard to make sure to DTD enough and at the right times??

• Hi meowsam! 

Funnily enough, neither myself nor my partner has a very high sex drive, he is more easily persuaded than me though. I find that around ovulation I tend to have a higher sex drive which helps. We have been attempting to DTD every 2/3 days once AF finishes, but we burn out quickly and the novelty wears off haha might try and wait until about cd11 before we start so that we have a better chance in going for longer across the cycle x

• Hi Meowsam, 

Can I just check, do you usually have brown spotting before AF starts?

• Just checking on everybody! I guess most of us are getting closer to O day, so it has been quiet here..

Yesterday my husband told me that his restaurant manager just found out she is 6 weeks pregnant. It is a small team, which means he will have to pick up the slack once she is off on her maternity leave... we didn't discuss it much further, but I've been overthinking his reaction to her announcement, and the implication for him work-wise, and him not even mentionning he wants us to have a baby after hearing our friend's good news.. I just feel a little bit defeated... between this friend getting pregnant and my sister in law due any day now, and me unsuccessfully trying to conceive.. So when the other staff asked us when we would have a baby, I joked and said: "probably not anytime soon, seeing how busy he is with the businesses!"

I know this is a positive mindset thread, but I just needed to vent, because I have been feeling bitter and I'm not able to talk about it with anyone..

But on a more positive note: I started having a handful of nuts (including brazil nuts) every morning. And I signed up for a master swim club 3x a week. And I am more focused on myself and feeling good in my body, healthy and positive! I have also not been focusing on us making a baby as much, which is good for my sanity!!

• Hey billy. Your not alone love ive been down in the dumps the last few days. Getting pregnant is all i think about. Its a bormal reaction to want it to happen for you. Don't ever feel bad for feeling the way you do. So vent away. 

Baby dust to you all girls xx

• Broody! Thanks a lot! It feels good to hear! I hope you can also get out of that mind set.. What cd are you on? 

• CD 22 today. I think I ovulated so where around CD 14 -17. Not sure if I have this month with the early miscarriage. Feel different this cycle. Where are you in your cycle billy? Xx

• Broody - you are probably getting itchy to find out! Sorry to hear about the early mc, it must have been heart wrenching.. was this last cycle? I am on cd8, still waiting for o on cd14, but I am not really in the mood for it this week.. so we'll see what happens!