Forum home General Chat General chat

Social Services have taken my daughter away

Hi,

Just looking for some guideance and advice really, and whatever help anyone can give will be much appreciated honestly!

This all happened friday night, my little girl was taken away from me by both police and social services. I had attened a meeting the day before with the social worker and helalth visitor to discuss the allegations that had been made against us when a neighbour from across the road reported us (we know this as the SW told us).

So thursday i attended an appointment with my DD and mother-in-law anf met up with the SW and HV. SW explained what had been reported to them which included me not being seen with my child (which is totally wrong because we are pretty much glued to eachothers hip), my partner drinks and smokes heavily which is also wrong as he hasnt touched a drop of since before our DD was born, he has been accused of videoing 5 year olds in underwear and shoes running around on the car park outside (which is false aswel as there not being a 5 year old living anywhere near us) and the list of allegations continues (can post full list if it helps), was also told by HV that i have missed appointments and check ups for my DD, she had apparently sent them in the post and also hand delivered but i have never recieved one.

They measured and weighed her while i was there and told me nothing other than she was okay. I am also pregnant and have missed antenatal appointments due to being scared about meeting up with health professionals as i was poorly treated during my first pregnancy and felt like they was no help for me nor the baby.

I was told by my SW she was going back to speak with her colleauges, and nothimg if anything would be done for 72 hours as it was over the weekend.
Anyway onto whay happened friday... Was like any other day at home through the morning playing with my DD, just a normal day, ordered a chinese around and settling in to watch a movie with DD and partner.. next thing i know someone is banging on the front door. Go upstairs to speak to whoever it is a the door, for them to tell me its the police (CID) and they just want to 'talk', i ask them what for and they just repeat themselves. Anyway come downstairs speak to my partner, he goes out to speak to them, they dont tell him any of there names, dont show any badges and become  quite aggresive towards him. They ask to come into the property to which my partner doesnt refuse just requests that they wait until either his mom comes up or until a support worker arrives. They agree and wait outside for about 5 mins. Im in the house with DD and im petrified they are going to take my little girl away as they have turned up out of nowhere, so i hop the fence and sit in at next door neighbours until we know whats happening (she has had SS out before so understands where i was coming from)

Anyway.. everything kicks off outside, officers hop the fence and force entry into the house to look around, we did have a number of dogs plus small puppies which were all up for sale, all of which worshipped the ground my little girl walked on and were no danger to anyone let alone my LO.

The house was a little cluttered as we are in the process of getting ready to move into a bigger place as we have another baby on the way. Police storm through, assaulting my partner who has a big cut on his foot, scrapes and bruises all over him aswel as winding the dogs up, causing a right fuss which causes all the neighbours to start coming out to stare (so embarassing). This goes on for well over an hour, i come out of the neighbours house with my LO to be told she is being taken into police protective custody although they originally were letting her go to her grandmothers.

DD ends up being taken away by a  SW (not the one i seen orginally) who takes her to the hospital for a check up (for no reason, without my consent) and calls me later on thag night to tell me my daughter is underweight (although was told by HV on thursday she was fine). She gets placed with a foster family who we know absolutely 0 about, we requested to the EDT SW team that she has specific food and nappies as they are what she is used to, along with explaining her daily routine which we dont want her messed up in as we worked hard to get her into one.

As we understood she would be taken for 72hours under police protection then released to home or atleast family as the foster family was only short term basis. We were also told we needed to sort solicitors over the weekend which we did although they told us zilch.

We were called by our assigned SW on monday at 12.15pm who tells us we need to be in court for 1pm and the court itself was atleast 1 hour away so my partner got ready straight away and made his way over, i was told by solicitors to stay at home as i didnt need the stress with being so heavily pregnant. Partner waited in court for over 4 hours to be seen by a judge at around 5pm who put into place a 'Care Interim Order' which noone did lf has still to this point explained what it is or what it means/what is happening now.

We have been given supervised visits at a visitation centre were we are supervised by either out SW or someone they know.

Both me and my partner have ransacked the house, cleaned, painted, polished, hoovered, bleached, you name it we have done it and the house is 10000000x better than how it looked when police came out, SW has even said it is one of the best houses she has been in. The pups that we had for sale have been given up to a puppy charity for free who will rehome them and our other dogs are due to be collected by a breed specific charity to rehome the  as this is what SS want us to do.

We have jumped everytime they have asked, we have done everything they have asked of us and they still wont give us our DD back. We went for a visit with her today (first time since friday) and she is a totally different little girl. She is a shell of the little girl we have bought up, she wont look, cuddle or kiss either one of us, she kneels down and just puts her head to the floor, she just isnt the little girl we had before. We were told we were allowed to take her snacks aslong as they were 'healthy' so we did for the SW to tell us not to give her more than one  small bag of multigrain biscuits although she was asking for more asif she was starving.

If anyone can please help it will be muchly appreciated, i NEED my little girl back before they ruin her life!!!!!

Tia

Replies

• Hi hun, I am really sorry but I doubt I can be much help but did not want your post to go unnoticed. you need to do everything they ask. I can understand why you have been worried seeing health orofessionals but make sure you see your midwife and prove you are looking after yourself. Sounds like you have worked hatd to make the house nice and that is brilliant.   you need to speak to your solicitor and ask him to explain the situation. As for regular meetings with your social worker. Ask her to explain anything that you dont understand. If there are concerns about your partner attend some meetings alone so they can see you are an independent person. Get ready for the baby. Make sure you have everything you need ready. I know its a very stressful situation and aocial services can be tricky to work with and it can feel like they are judging you. They want your child to be safe. It takes alot for them to take the child away and missing health appointments can seem minor but add up. The most important thing is that you stay positive, look after yourself and baby, keep contacting social and ask them to explain exactly what you need to do. I know you posted a while ago so i hope you have made aome progress