Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

for those who know the sex.. were you insticts right?

I am having my 20 week scan friday and desperate to find out the sex. Just wondered if people had a strong feeling of what they were having and if they were right.

I d like a boy, but have a big feeling its a girl??

What about anybody else?

Replies

• I dont know about this time, i have my 20 wk scan tmw and tbh i dont have instinct either way. Last time with my first, i knew from the beginning that i was having a girl and was right. x

good luck with your scan on friday
  • With my 1st LO I knew it was a girl, and it was. With my 2nd LO I was even more convinced it was a girl, but a 20wk scan and a 36wk scan changed that and we had a boy!!

xx
  • I was wrong, convinced myself it was a boy. Think I did it so I wouldnt be disappointed as I really wanted a girl. Its def a girl and I'm thrilled. x
  • When pregnant with my first I just knew it was a girl, at the scan she had her legs crossed but the sonographer guessed it was a girl but couldnt say for certain. I had a girl!! she's now 3.
    This time I think Im carrying a boy, Ill find out in 3weeks if im right.

fiona xx
    17+3
  • I really thought I having a girl and so did everyone else bar a couple of people... but I'm having a boy!
    I wouldn't pay attention to your own insticts or anyone else's. Even now I've had people say 'Oh I would still say it looks like you're carrying a girl'.
    xxx
  • I haven't had any "feelings" on the sex, other than dreams that I'm having a girl. I can't wait to find out though since I have no idea!
  • was utterly and completely convinced it was a boy, (dreamt twice that doctors told me it was a boy) even though I sooo wanted a girl - 20 wk scan - little girlie! x
  • i really thought i was having a boy, i was wrong, i'm having a girl! =)
  • i really wanted a girl and i felt like it would be.
    and it was a girl!!!!!!!!!
  • I was sure from the beginning my bump was a girl, and I was right (didn't find out until she was born, though). :\)
  • I was sure mine was a boy, but nope - It's a girl.
  • I kept telling myself it was a boy as really wanted a girl.
    But to my amazement got told at 20wk scan it is a girl and confirmed at 2 further scans!

I have craved chocolate which they say is an indication of it being a girl!
    But its an old wives tale so ys neva know

32+4

xx
  • we find out a week today and we are sure it is a boy and also hope it is (although a health girl would also be fab).
  • with my first i honestly didnt have a clue and we had a girl, this time all along i had a strong feeling it was a boy, i dont know why and i was right! I have to say though i dont know what made me think it was a boy as everything in this pregnancy has been the same as when i was pregnant with my daughter! its very strange!

Nina 31+3 xx
  • With my first i was convinced i was having a girl but nope it was a boy. This time comparing the 2 pregnancys i was convinced it was a girl as my sickness was far worse and mood was awful. Had been in great form with my last. Got scan done and yes i was right this time its a girl.
  • I dreamt I was having two boys but it was actually two girls! I had no idea really!!

But I must say that I believe the old wives tale about how the heart beats sound as apparently girl's heartbeats sound like galloping horses, and boys like trains. Mine definately sounded like horses!!

xx

http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/26/2692/269256.png

• I had a very strong eeling we would be having a little girl and i am. I have dreamt about having a baby girls since I was about 18 funny enough and I also thought would that mean my first born was a girl and she is.

Everybody in my family and friends said a girl for me they said they could just see me with a girl and only one person said a boy

K xx
    16+6
  • I was totally convinced i was having a boy as i am carrying exactly the same as both my boys. But i'm having a girl!!!
    The only things that were diff about this pregnancy is that i had awful morning sickness (all day actually) for about 18 weeks, and like ICSIBABY i've been really craving chocolate! xx
  • When pregnant with my first I just knew it was a girl, at the scan she had her legs crossed but the sonographer guessed it was a girl but couldnt say for certain. I had a girl!! she's now 3.
    This time I think Im carrying a boy, Ill find out in 3weeks if im right.

fiona xx
    17+3

omg my little girl did the exact thing had her legs crossed through all my scans shes 3 too i know this has happened to 3 differant people and they have all had girls :lol: so if your baby crosses its legs at the scan its 100% a girl :lol:

5+1 xx
  • actually having said in my earlier reply that I thought it was a boy and 20 wk scan said girl, when our June forum did a thread about sex prediction, I said I thought it was a girl...someone bumped it up recently and I thought "ooh I was right!". I can't believe I forgot that - babybrain, lol! Ames x
    26+1