Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Urgent - bleeding

Hello everyone,

Please could you give me some advice. I've just gone to the toilet and when I wiped I noticed that there was some blood spots - light colour of blood. Not heavy. I don't have cramp.

I'm 15 weeks. Should I phone NHS 24?

Thanks

Replies

• i've had 4 lots of bleeding up until 15 weeks and i was always told to go straight in to a&e to be referred to the epu for a scan and an internal.there was never any cause for the bleeding but it put my mind at rest.

good luck
    clare 31+3
  • Hello,

I've just gone to check again - I've stopped bleeding. Should I still go to get it check out?

Thanks ladies for the advice. image
  • u should still go, mine was always the same stopped just as quick as it started but they will want to check to see where the blood is coming from.
  • Honeybunny- still get it checked out. It will only worry you until next scan otherwise. sure you will be fine. I have had a couple of little bleeds also and it has been ok
    Good luck
    10 +4 xx
  • Hiya hun, do you not have a number for a maternity ward for emergencies. At the hospital I'm under their is a special ward for women over 12wks , I went there when my baby didn't move for nearly a day. If you do, ring them tell them whats going on and they'll probably tell you to come in. It'll save you fannying around in the A & E dept xxx
  • glad its stopped bleeding,i would stil get it checked out,i had 2 fresh bleeds in my last pregnancy one at 7wks and one at 13wks and passed clots and everything turned out ok,its more common than you think bleeding in pregnancies,good luck

sarah
  • Hi just to say I have also had bleeding over the past couple of days like you and my doctor has told me that around 50% of healthy pregnancies have some sort of bleed in the early stages.

I just though i would share that as i know its given me a teeny bit more reassurance.

Try getting an early scan from your EPU. I am getting one this week as soon as I am 6 weeks on referral from my GP to make sure everything is ok xxx
  • Dear Ladies,

Thank you for the advice. I stopped bleeding when I phoned the MW last night and she told me some advice. I wasn't to go for a scan as I didn't have abdominal pain. My baby seems to be moving around today - so I'm re-assured.

I had a good nights sleep last night as the MW told me to try and I haven't been bleeding since. I think it was due to my stupidity - I lifted something heavy whilst at work - for that brief second I forgot I was pregnant. I felt my side stretch and thought - what the hell am I doing!

Thank you for the advice, I really appreciate it. image

15+2
    xxx