Forum home Birth clubs Due in February 2019

Due in February 2019 - Part 2

Hello everyone, 

This is a new continuation thread for the Due in February 2019 peeps, as the original thread has become huge and now has so many pages, it's getting a bit hard to load.

We've posted a link to this new thread on the old thread, so hopefully everyone will be able to find it easily enough.

Enjoy!

Replies

• Let's start this off...

I got my first order of maternity clothes today and I love them! I'm on the line between looking pregnant and chubby, so I'm relying on these tops to send the right message. :)

• Caligayle- where did you get them from. I’m sat here tearing my hair out. Loads of trousers and leggings but tops... I’m just not finding things I like or don’t make me look stupid!

I got this top online from eBay. My partner calls me a pregasaurus all the time so we got the top to match.

the next top I want to get is the one with the Death Star on the bump that says ‘that’s no moon....’ haha 

• Pregasaurus, adorable!

I got several cute, affordable tops from HM. They aren't sold in most stores here, so I had to order.

Pic in next post. 

• I’ve found Gap maternity to be quite good. I have JoJo Maman Bebe jeans which are really comfy as well. Ive bought some mamalicious stuff as well which seems decent. ASOS trousers are ok too. I’ve found those brands are true to size which is good to know as well. I’m 20weeks in this pic (today) and this is a Gap top and JoJoMamanBebe jeans. 

• I could get a good pic of myself, so here's the link. I really like it: https://m2.hm.com/m/en_us/productpage.0548603022.html the UK store probably has something similar. 

• Thank you ladies! lol be the h and m trousers and jeans but now my tops are not fitting right so need to find some. Ordered so shirts/blouses but they look awful! So thanks for the recommendation!

• Ah wow, a new thread already 😂🙈!! 

Well, I had my second scan today! It’s a boy! 💙 We spent the entire morning at the hospital as the baby was being very stubborn and we had one very determined sonographer!!  image

• Smanfax congrats on your boy.

I have insomnia again argh so was reading through my green notes and see there is now a visit at 28 weeks off the health visitor.

I used to work with health visitors up until 2012 when I moved over to mother and baby unit so this wasn't implemented then.

I've been having weekly scans at hospital and will be doing up until 24 weeks when it'll move to monthly scans. On top of that additional midwife appointments.

I work full time and my work are already miffed about the amount of time I've had off but because I see it as beneficial not bothered.

However after looking online at what is discussed in the antenatal appointment see it as completely pointless as I used to have deliver the same information to mums, as I do now also so feel for me it's a complete waste of time. Annoyingly so before maternity leave starts too.

I want to refuse the appointment but know how this looks or at least say no sorry you can't come round until I go on maternity leave as I've had enough time off. Does this sound really bad it's not like I'm refusing entry just refusing it prior to mat leave? Anyone had an antenatal HV appt if so how long did it last? I can only smile politely and nod for so long haha :)

• My health visitor isnt booked in until november and ill be 31 weeks. She said they can do the visit any time from 28 weeks and so i gave her the best date. She just said its a relxed visit to go through any after birth worries or anything and so there a famililar face even though i jo mine from my previous children.i dont think it looks rude its what works for you and ull still be in work so just say that xx

• Oh your health visitor sounds nice Mummytofour did she say how long it takes? Didn't want to start my mat leave until 35 weeks at earliest as I want as much time off after the birth and not before and don't think we can really afford for me to be on no pay for three months to make it the full year off.

• It all depends on what you need to talk sbout. Like fir example i want ro talk to mine about breast feeding and the support from the start as i didnt start feeding my 3 year old until she was 5 days old so im guessing it completely different to do it from day 1 so i have questions about that and what support there is after. X

My little girl is sticking herself out after a bath think it may be her bum 😍💖 xxx

• Hello everyone!

I'm new to this site and just found this thread :)

I'm due 2nd Feb with a little boy 💙

Xxx 

• Welcome and congrats on your boy Firsttimemumma25

• Thank you Northerngal.

How is everyone doing?

X

• Hello everyone!

I am also new to the site and am pregnant with my first, due 12th Feb 2019.

• Congrats firsttimemumma25 I'm due 3rd Feb with a boy 💙

• Welcome isobelme have you had your 20 week scan yet?

This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions