Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in October 2018

The Due in October 2018 Big Birth Announcement Thread!

Replies

• Congratulations Sylvia, he's gorgeous! Hope you get sorted out soon .

• Oh hooray and congratulations Sylvia14 - your little baby boy is gorgeous! How are you doing post section? 

• Congratulations everyone ❤️

• Not sure if I did a proper birth story, so here goes...

On 17.09, I went into hospital at 7am for a planned c-section which was the result of a growth scan on 13.09 at 35w6d as the baby was breech and his growth had fallen off the curve.

I was given a catheter and was changed into a hospital gown and then we waited. We were meant to be first on the list due to my latex allergy but there was an emergency section first. At 11.50am, a new midwife (ie not the one who said she'd be in for the surgery and with whom I'd discussed preferences with) arrived and whisked me away to the theatre.

In theatre, there were so many people! It all felt quite overwhelming. The spinal took over 45 mins to do with two separate attempts and six lots of local anaesthetic (I had already warned them that local anaesthetic doesn't work well for me). It was painful, I won't lie. Plus, there were people messing with blood pressure cuffs, another putting a cannula into my hand etc. Once on the bed, they used a cold spray to assess numbness and put up a screen so I couldn't see. I began to shake and didn't stop for a few hours. They said it was a common reaction.

The section part itself was strange. Lots of tugging and pressure. Not painful due to the spinal of course, just uncomfortable. My partner was with me and two minutes after they first cut my skin, my little boy was out. I was able to briefly see him, my partner cut the cord, and then he got to snuggle with thr baby whilst I was stitched up.

Later, I had some skin to skin whilst in recovery. I had to stay there for ages because my blood pressure was too low... That evening, I fainted so was on a drip and monitored before we went up to the maternity ward.

That was the 17th. We finally left the hospital on the 22nd. It was a stressful and hectic week. In the end, consultant came to speak to us and actually apologised - she said our family had been the topic of discussion of a big meeting that morning where they'd recognised multiple failures with care and communication. Without going into the specifics, it had been a difficult first five days as mother and baby with my baby having 13 separate blood tests in addition to the standard ones, 18 hours spent on a lamp for jaundice and lots of confusion. Not a good experience I have to say and we will be submitting a formal complaint.

However, on the plus side, my beautiful and delicate little boy is here and he is safe. He is small and isn't quite ready for certain things, like latching on, but he is here. #love

Caleb Joseph, birth weight 2227g, gestation 36w3d...

• Congratulations Gemma and Sylvia!!

Wow it makes it seem so much closer for me now see three of our group have had their babies! I can't wait until it's my turn 

• Sylvia you and your little boy have gone through so much by the sounds of it but so glad he's home safe and sound now.

I'm sitting in the hospital after blood tests and being on a blood pressure monitor coz its been really high lately. Waiting for my consultant to come see me now and see what she thinks. I'm secretly hoping they'll want to induce me! But don't think that's gonna happen. 37 weeks this Wednesday!

• Wow Sylvia. 

Your planned section actually mirrors my emergency with my daughter with the uncontrollable shaking and the 5 day stay in. I was really ill after I had her and they weren't giving Me meds on time. 

Really glad your ordeal is over with now and your home safe and sound. Love his name also such a little doll. 

Iv got my usual check up tomorrow then next Tuesday another scan and birth discussion ill be 36+1 they've already said iv defeated the odds 

Enjoy being a mummy 

😘😘💝💝

• Wow Sylvia, really sounds like you've been through an ordeal. Funny you should mention the shaking, and you too Bubz2018, but when giving birth to my kids, I too had the uncontrollable shakes with both births, and haven't heard of anyone else having it before - I think it was one of the drugs they gave me. 

Sylvia, we hope you're getting settled at home and your little boy is too. Please do let us know how you're doing?

• It wasn't a reaction I'd expected Danielle.

We finally had our first home midwife visit. They were due on Sunday, as that was our first day at home, but finally came at 4.40pm on Monday. She was really pleased with how things are going, explained why he cannot breastfeed yet and she weighed him. He is only 30g off his birth weight now and he has until Thursday to hit that so I am thinking he'll be able to exceed it. Yay!

Looking forward to everyone else's stories when the time comes...

• Congratulations ladies. Beautiful babies 😍

I would like to announce Ella Marnee born at 23.43 on the 26/09. I was due the 2nd of October so born at 39 weeks. 

Having contractions at home from about 12pm, midwife gave me a sweep in the morning and I was 2cm dilated. Contractions continued to get stronger until around 9pimageimagem my waters broke. Got to the labour suite at around 10 where i was at 7cm already. Got gas and air, my body started to push all by itself around half past 11 and my girl was out at 11.44.

Had two stitches for a small tear but doing well other wise. Ella is a perfect 8lb 6oz. Definitely put how i coped down to hypnobirthing and breathing exercises, gas and air took the edge off but i wouldnt have been so calm other wise.

• Ladies your babies are beautiful.

Meet Ella Marnee  born 26/09 at 23.43.
    Having contractions at home from about 12pm, midwife gave me a sweep in the morning and I was 2cm dilated. Contractions continued to get stronger until around 9pm my waters broke. Got to the labour suite at around 10 where i was at 7cm already. Got gas and air, my body started to push all by itself around half past 11 and my girl was out at 11.44.

Had two stitches for a small tear but doing well other wise. Ella is a perfect 8lb 6oz. Definitely put how i coped down to hypnobirthing and breathing exercises, gas and air took the edge off but i wouldnt have been so calm other wise. After a previois long labour and emcs with my 2 year old i was desperate for a vbac and so happy to have managed.

We are now home, tired but over the moon  

• Oh wow hastiek, Ella is utterly gorgeous - she looks so little in her baby box. How has her brother taken to her? 

• Huge congratulations lovely  your story gives me hope for a successful vbac  

Ella is lovely. 

Xx

• imageBaby Charlie born on 29/09/2018 at 7:43pm 2 days early. Weighing a perfect 7lb 1oz x 

• Thank you Danielle, we came home 2 days after she was born. Tillie Rose is 3weeks old tomorrow and finally over 6lbs! The little dot. 😍imageshe loves the boob (lol) and is a very good girl so far. Any more baby announcements??

• Awww Charlie is gorgeous kayleigh xx

• Tillie is lovely too coming on great xx

• It's taken me ages to get around to making my announcement but here goes...

Baby Matthew John born at 10.33 on on 1/10/18 weighing 7lb 13oz and perfect in every way!

I went in to have my blood pressure checked on Monday morning and told them that I though I lost my plug overnight So they sent me to labour ward to check for waters. I was given a sweep and they were going to keep me in and break my waters and induce me Tuesday morning......but my waters went about 10 mins after my sweep!   I was started on the induction drip at about 4.30... contractions started coming hard and fast..used my tens machine and a couple of hours later I got an epidural (blood pressure dropped dramatically and I nearly conned but they fixed me quickly). When examined at 8.30 I was 4cm dilated so they guessed baby would make an appearance at about 4am. However just after 10pm (luckily after just having an epidural top up as it bad worn off) I started getting the urge to poo and I was told that it wasn't a poo-it was a head!!!!!!

I was already 10cm dilated and told I could start pushing...after 20mins pushing out he popped!!! I had a few tears and lots of stitches but so worth it for my gorgeous little boy! (2 weeks and 2 days early)

imageimage

• Oh Laurelli, what a fantastic sounding birth you had! And Matthew is so beautiful - his little face! So many congratulations. 

• Congratulations Laurelli 

He's lovely

Well done

😘💝