Forum home Family life & relationships Health & fitness

Pregnancy Yoga

I just wanted to share me pregnancy yoga experience. I'm not normally into that sort of thing but a friend recommended it to me. I went to my first class last night and absolutely loved it. It was more stretching and relaxation than meditation (which I thought it might be) and I had the best nights sleep I've had for weeks. I'm nearly 19 weeks and there was ladies there who were in the 39th / 40th week, who had been doing it for a while. Anyway, I wanted to share how great it was and if you get the chance - check it out. I'm sure they have it in all areas. xx

Replies

• yoga while pregancy is good for baby and mummy.

• Hi there!

Barefoot Birmingham is a boutique and personal yoga and wellbeing studio based in Harborne, Birmingham. We offer a great pregnancy yoga class which involves gentle hatha yoga with breathing, visualisation and relaxation, specifically designed for mums-to-be. it helps you embrace and strengthen your changing body and prepare for birth, motherhood and beyond. 

All welcome, even if you have no previous yoga experience. If you already have an established yoga practice, the class will enable you to continue safely throughout pregancy. If you are new to yoga or exercise you should wait until you are into your 14th week of pregnancy.

We would like to launch a new series for 2013 so if you are interested please get in touch to let us know! You can post a response here, call us on 0121  426 2633 or just drop us a line at info@barefootbirmingham.com.

We look forward to seeing you in the studio soon!

• Birmingham is quite a long way for me to travel from London.... But thanks for advertising on my thread anyway.

Yes, that was sarcastic.
  • I always recommend that Divine Health Care is one of the good platform for Yoga treatment.Yes It is..

• Yoga is good all the time, for young, pregnant, old, sick etc. I don't know if there is anything more pleasant image

• Here here ! have been practising for years , the only fitness regime that has seen me through many different phases of my life . . .  jogging , step classes, aerobics ,callenetics !!  have all been passing phases but yoga has been my saviour

• How did the ladies in 39th / 40th week managed it? Was it easy for them to follow all the positions?

• Yeah, prenatal yoga is the best way to maintain your mind and body healthy but it should be practised with the guidance of an expert or as per the advice of your doctor. 

• I highly recommend SaraBethYoga on you tube, its absolutely fantastic! :)

• Hey there, thanks for sharing the post.

• I also have always wondered if pregnant women are at risk of doing yoga because without sports I can not live

• Yoga is great not only during pregnancy but after as well.

As long as you don't take it too far. You just need to listen to your body and it will do wonders not only for your body but for your mind as well.

Thanks for an idea Soon2Bjacks. I have made Free Report at www.easytobewell.com about post-pregnancy yoga for new mums to do at home, I might do pregnancy one as well. (sorry for advertising my freebie here Soon2Bjacks ;))