Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

3wo baby can't poop and when he's tries it hurts him

Hi my 3wo LO cant poop hasn't for almost four days now. Midwife says it fine he can go a week without pooping .but he keeps trying and it's hurting him so much. He screams and screams tenses grabs anything he can to squeeze (my hair OHs beard hands etc) and digs his nails in.i hate seeing him in such pain and was wondering if there's anything I can do to try and help him? Taking him to drs tomorrow but may not be able to get an appointment. Any advice would be welcome :) xxx

Replies

• Is baby breast or bottle fed? If bottle fed you can try giving him a ready made bottle they are made differently to the powders and are easier for them to digest my little one (he’s 4 months now) goes after an hour of having one we try to give him one every other day just to help him if he needs it, he used to be really bad as a newborn for going, I’d always give him a nice warm bath and then I’d massage his tummy, it might be easier to do that whilst he’s having a feed because it is really uncomfortable for them but always helped my one go too, hopefully one of them work for you xx

• Thankyou for replying :) unfortunately I'm breastfeeding lol which is why this is so bizarre as breast milk supposedly avoids tummy problems. Midwife says he can go a week without pooping which is fine except its not supposed to hurt him and he clearly needs to go.. I'm going to try the warm bath (although he really hates baths lol) and massage see if that helps I just hate that he's in pain and there's nothing I can do for him. But thankyou for the tips Hun :) I'll let you know how I get on xx