Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Going back to work after neonatal death and miscarriage

I have been off work for 5 months now following the death of my son and a miscarriage 2 weeks ago, and due to go back at the end of January. I have a keeping in touch day next week at the office where it all started and my waters broke. I haven’t been there since it happened and I’m absolutely dreading it. I didn’t want to go back to work until I was pregnant again, but that all went wrong as well. Has anyone else found it hard to go back? I know that people are going to ask about the baby as not everyone will know what happened. Just having a bad day today. It’s my birthday this weekend and Christmas soon. Not going to be spending them as I had planned. X

Replies

• Oh gosh, I’m so sorry for your losses.

i haven’t been in this situation but would it be easier if you spoke to a manager before you returned who could inform your colleagues on your behalf? I know some colleagues of mine have done that when they’ve returned after compassionate leave.

i hope it goes well but do speak up if you don’t feel ready xx