Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Can someone help me! Can't cope with breastfeeding and thinking of changing to bottles

hi, I’m struggling and don’t know what to do. My baby 2 weeks old and 4 days and I’m struggling with the breastfeeding I’m not really sleeping and doing everything on my own. And really thinking about just changing to bottle feeding but I don’t know what to do. I don’t think I can handle this much longer 

Replies

• You know, it doesn't matter how you feed your baby, as long as they are fed. I found breastfeeding extremely challenging and went to the bottle after 10days.

If you are struggling, but determined to carry on with the breast, seek support from La Leche league (google it) If you feel you can cope better with bottles, than don't beat yourself up about it - you most certainly aren't the first mummy to go from breast to bottle, and won't be the last. Hon do what is best for you - happy mum = happy baby x

• Hi I really struggled with my first. I breast fed him for a week, and really couldn't cope in many different ways. I was really miserable. Asked my midwife for advice and she could tell I wasn't happy. She told me to sterilize some bottles, buy a tin of baby food, and make bottles. It was done in the matter of 2 hours. His next feed was a bottle. Never looked back!!!! I did feel guilty about not giving him the "breast is best" but I had to do what was right for me. Go do it now. Happy Christmas!! X

• Kay001 said:

hi, I’m struggling and don’t know what to do. My baby 2 weeks old and 4 days and I’m struggling with the breastfeeding I’m not really sleeping and doing everything on my own. And really thinking about just changing to bottle feeding but I don’t know what to do. I don’t think I can handle this much longer 

You are the person who knows what this baby needs. But they also really need a healthy, happy mummy. It makes so much difference. It's entirely your personal choice.