Forum home Article comments

Talkback: Cryptic pregnancy - when you don't know you're pregnant

Replies

• Being a mother, I can't fathom not knowing you are pregnant. No periods, weird cravings, gaining 60 pounds, feeling the baby move, etc. But I used to work with a woman who had a cryptic pregnancy. She didn't look like she had gained weight either. But one night she went to the hospital for severe cramping, and they told her she was about to give birth. She had no idea she was pregnant. She was in her early 40s, so she just assumed she was going thru menopause. Amazing!
  • Post deleted by MadeForMums.
    Here's a link to our Chat guidelines.

• I'm going through something I feel could be cryptic pregnancy. I feel pregnant, I have atleast 7 of the 'pregnancy symptoms, no period for 3 weeks but 8 BFN home tests. Getting bloods done in two days. If I am ill be 8 weeks already
  • So question ...no period now for 8 months . negative urine ..negative blood tests . have movement ..used a fetal doppler have heartbeat.been having contractions ? Doctor thinks all in my head
  • Xtine17 and Damn.cupid, did you ladies request an ultrasound to confirm pregnancy yet? Ultrasound confirmation should help rule out false home pregnancy negatives.

A blood test should also work to determine pregnancy.

• So question ...no period now for 8 months . negative urine ..negative blood tests . have movement ..used a fetal doppler have heartbeat.been having contractions ? Doctor thinks all in my head
    I added a comment to the chat for you and xtine17
  • xtine17 said:
    I'm going through something I feel could be cryptic pregnancy. I feel pregnant, I have atleast 7 of the 'pregnancy symptoms, no period for 3 weeks but 8 BFN home tests. Getting bloods done in two days. If I am ill be 8 weeks already
    I added a comment to the chat for you and Damn.cupid. 
  • Am 44 yrs old, last period was july 2020 and have all signs of pregnancy, but upt tests negative. Now is a 2nd time missing periods
  • I took pregnancy test twice and it turned out negative. But my last period was AUGUST 2020 until now I still don't have my period but I'm also thinking what If it got delayed coz move places and my body is adjusting to new environment, is it possible? This is the first time that my period skipped for a mouth. It was last AUGUST 27 2020 when my period started and end around September 02. We will visit doctor if until this Oct I still won't have period.

it is August not July my bad.
  • I have been going through something similar, my last period was August 25th of 2020. I tested twice so far, both negative. Neither were first morning urine either. At first I didn’t think think a whole lot about being late until I was no longer just late but missed an entire cycle. I did catch myself dumping old bay seasoning straight into my mouth, eating lots of peanut butter which I’m not a huge fan of and dill pickles. I specifically hate dill pickles. I have been very irritable and somewhat randomly sad at times through the day but I don’t stay sad. I see a lot of fluctuations and I find myself being emotionally all over the place. Examples like I love you, I want your attention to days later wanting to be completely left alone. I just turned 32 early October and I’m really stumped as to what could be going on. I have always been very regular.
  • I’m 17 and was on the deli and had no periods I was supposed to go back july 7 to get it again and didn’t I have a period the week of july 23rd and all of a sudden haven’t had one since but did have unprotected sex I took a test and one was very faint positive went to dr in early September she said I was not pregnant but I’m still doing research bc my period is pretty normal and I always have it as soon as I stop the depo I relate to some of these pregnancy symptoms but don’t know what to do Should I go get an ultrasound at hospital or buy a digital test or what
  • Hi @Hssdfedgt thank you for posting on this article, but we're afraid we can't answer your questions as we're not medical experts. 
    Please do take a look at our chat forum, where you can post your question. 
  • It's been 12 weeks since my last period but all negatives, wouldn't that put me at anywhere between 13 to 16 weeks? My drs did urine and blood said negative..
  • Post withdrawn
  • Hi @Lala85 and @DAZEDDAISYthank you for posting on this article, but we're afraid we can't answer your questions as we're not medical experts. 
    Please do take a look at our chat forum, where you can post your questions there. 
  • Aude1980 said:
    So question ...no period now for 8 months . negative urine ..negative blood tests . have movement ..used a fetal doppler have heartbeat.been having contractions ? Doctor thinks all in my head
    I added a comment to the chat for you and xtine17
    I’ve been going through the same 
  • Bis😍
  • I’ve been going through the same 
  • So I missed AF this month but have cramping for 2 weeks. Went to doctor cuz i had extra discharge. He said all tests came back good but my cervix is the size of being 12 weeks along. Negative pregnancy test though
    Anyone else have this happen? I am 43 years old.
  • Ultrasound on 29th. Guess we wait