Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Crazy Morning Sickness and Tiredness

I found out I am pregnant on Wednesday (4 weeks 1day). I suspected I was from the previous Friday because I was feeling sick.  Since that Friday, I have been feeling awful, being physically sick 2-3 times a day; and feeling ill all day. 

Does anyone know if it gets worse as your pregnancy goes on? I am falling asleep throughout the day too. 

Replies

• I'd say it's perfectly normal :) it will soon pass. In second trimester things should get back to normal, you will have a bit more energy and won't be as sick. Try some ginger biscuits or ginger tea :) good luck xx

• Morning Sickness such as Nausea and Vomiting can be one of the first signs of pregnancy. It may occur at any time of the day for most of the women. It won't be harmful to you and your baby but if you experience excessive vomiting and are unable to keep your food down it's always better to consult your doctor. At this stage, you are not advised to take any medications without consulting a doctor. For more details visit https://www.fml-dubai.com/genetic-screening/

• everyone is different, some people only get nausea for a few weeks whereas other physically vomit for months and it will be different at each pregnancy. 

Generally they say it lasts 3 months then should ease off, for me it lasted 5 months- vomitting and put off all food and certain smells! Try drinking 7up this helped me and avoid foods that make it worse- for me i had to stick to bland foods such as salads and sandwiches. 

The falling asleep is normal as being pregnant is sooo tiring! That should get better then towards the end it may peak again! Just rest whenever you can and maybe take some pregnancy vitamins. 

If the sickness gets too much for you, the dr can give antisickness medicines and make sure you discuss how you feel with your midwife as they will be able to help you. Good luck!!