Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Please help. Brown when wiping.

Hi If anyone could help Id really appreciate it. Im nearly 5 weeks pregnant iv woke up this morning gone to the loo like usual wiped and looked at the tissue and I am looking brown discharge sorry for tmi. Is this a start of a misscarage iv not stopped crying all morning. Iv got cramps on my left side but it's not painful Its just there. I'm trying to keep calm. 

Thank you for reading x

Replies

• Options

Don't panic x brown discharge is normally just old blood and nothing to worry about x severe cramps and bright red blood is what u don't want. But cramps are totally normal when pregnant x I wud say for piece of mind pop to the epu just to get checked and reassured xxx

• Options

Susiegirlygirl thank you so much for getting back to me. You have put my mind at ease  I'm still having pregnancy symptoms boobs are super sore so taking that as a positive too. I'm going to contact the midwifes for advice too thank you x 

• Options

Aww that's ok hun. Yes don't panic or work yourself up x brown discharge isn't a worry x although  seeing anything of colour down there will naturally panic u. I was on constant knicker watch lol. Also period type cramps and light stabby pains are also normal. Excruciating pain that makes u double over and/or heavy bleeding would indicate a possible miscarriage. The midwife will reassure u so give her a call and explain x in the mean time put ur feet up and read a good book or watch a box set and relax xxx