Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

back from a n e

hi well as some of you know ive had sickness and diorrera for the past 24 hours, well at 2 this mornin i was throwin up big time and it was black, which scared me a lil bit so i called nhs direct just to make sure all was ok, well she told me i needed to get checked out so got oh up and got to the hospital at bout 2.45am i went to reception and they sent me to a n e majors and the nurse isaw there told me goin to hospital was the worst thing i could of done????? its a hospital wtf??? but any way they took some blood and did a water sample and all looked ok and they put me on a drip as i looked de hydrated, they also gave me some anti sicness stuff then injected me with! i didnt think i could have that but it helped me big time image any way i discharged my self as i was gettin so pissed off in there!!!! but this is the hospital im ment to be having my baby in image

bec x x

Replies

• Hi Bec

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience in hospital. Hopefully it was a one off and everything will be fine when you have ur lo.

There seems to have been lots of illness around over christmas and the new year. Both me and my oh had gastroenteritis. He had slight sickness and severe diarroeah and 24 hours later I had severe sickness and diarroeah.

Quite worried now that it will have affected baby in some way. Got my scan on 14th jan so hoping everything will be ok. Never been that ill in my life.

I hope you are feeling much better now and i'm sure the hospital will be totally different when it comes to your baby.

Jules x
  • it was just awful tho image when i spoke to the doctor she said it doesnt affect the baby at all unless i had loads of dirrorera (and i mea loads) then they would worry but not sickness as long as youve had fluids!!! i hope all is ok with u and lo x x
  • it was just awful tho image when i spoke to the doctor she said it doesnt affect the baby at all unless i had loads of dirrorera (and i mea loads) then they would worry but not sickness as long as youve had fluids!!! i hope all is ok with u and lo x x