Forum home Article comments
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Talkback: Liv Tyler argues in street over crying baby

Replies

• I think every parent has a bad day, Liv doesnt know why the mother was shouting, but unless I was there I cant comment on weather she was right or wrong
  • these days the minute you get pregnant every tom dick and harry has an opinion i even had some stranger tell me little girls shouldnt wear blue and my son didnt suit red, obviously liv needed some publicity!
  • Perhaps Liv was having a bad day? We all have days when things get to us a little bit more than usual. It is sometimes difficult bit my tongue if I see an upset child become more distressed because of a parents aggressive response. We shout at people who are driving in a way that annoys us! However, I don't think that having a blazing row and finger pointing is going to make any kid feel better!
  • I don't think Liv had any right to start shouting at some stranger in the street over her parenting skills.  Things aren't always as they seem,  my son is autistic and can throw some almighty strops and screaming/crying over the slightest thing and then I get the looks and stares off passers by who think he is naughty and I can't control him.

The mother could have been suffering with post natal depression or had been up all night every night with a baby/child that doesn't sleep and just lost it for a moment(I'm sure we've all been there once)

I would imagine seeing some stranger screaming and aggressivly pointing there finger at their mom would of upset the child alot more.

• Liv had no right to get involved, she had no idea what had caused the mother to react like that. 
  • PARENTS HAVE A RIGHT TO DISCIPLINE THEIR CHILDREN AS THEY WISH AND NOT BE HARANGUED AND HUMILIATED BY PEOPLE THEY DO NOT KNOW.

QUITE OBVIOUSLY IF A CHILD WAS BEING PHYSICALLY AND CRUELLY ABUSED THAT WOULD BE A DIFFERENT MATTER BUT SOME SMALL CHILDREN CAN BE EXTRAORDINARILY DEFIANT AND BETTER SOME CROSS WORDS THAN COMPLETELY LOSING CONTROL AND HITTING THE CHILD.