Forum home Article comments
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Talkback: No MMR jab, no school

Replies

• i think though as a parent if you refuse the mmr because of the risks you should then care for your child enough to pay for the single doses, i wouldnt care the cost to protect my children the mmr exists for a reason and i have a member of my family who lost there eyesight to measels.
  • Since the "evidence" that "proves" a link between MMR and autism is massively flawed it is on a very thin excuse that babies are not immunised.If a baby is at any risk from the jab,they run a far greater risk from the disease itself,never mind them spreading the disease to others.

At 11 months therefore too young for the jab my eldest daughter caught measles and was very ill.There is no need for that disease to exist in this country.

Autism is a genetic condition which naturally become apparent around the same time as the jab.Before that age you may well not notice many symptoms if any.It's only with hindsight you can attribute some of a baby's behaviour before that to autism.It is a massive assumption to make a connection between the two.

I have two autistic sons,there is a history of  this in our family,many people have undiagnosed autistic traits.There's an autistic spectrum and  many people lie anywhere on that,and it bears no relation to whether they had MMR or not.My aunt certainly didn't 70 + years ago.

If you don't believe in MMR by all means get a single jab.The government already foot the bill for a suitable measure of prevention based on SOUND medical evidence.Those that think they know better than the rest of us are welcome to pay for a single jab.Why should the NHS pay for something they already provide.

These diseases could be irradicated if all babies were immunised be that MMR or if you really must put your child through it in three single jabs do it that way

• Jc had his mmr this am-screamed the place down and tried to whack health visitor!!!

At the end of the day,you can still die of measles,and altho flimsy evidence linking autism to the jab,no-one dies of it.

Personally if there was alink,I'd rather have an autistic son than no son at all. The goverment has every right I believe,yes they should be available to have in singular doses-but it should be private cost.

• Why inject against something that is basically unheard of? Rubella and mumps are so rare today, it's measles that's the bad one so they should offer a single measles on the nhs. Not all parents can afford to fork out for the jab so does that mean that lower income families should be forced into getting the mmr? I will never get my children the mmr and it's got nothing to do with autism, it's the fact that i don't agree with injecting babies with multiple live vaccines at once, so I get them singularly but recently my partner was made redundant and we don't have the money to spend on a measles jab at the minute.

• I agree Sarah. I can't afford to get my youngest daughter the single jab at the minute as my partner also was made redundant this year and has been job searching since April. It's been really tough to be honest. Of course I don't want her to catch measles but I don't agree with injecting her with multiple vaccines. I just wish there was some sort of funding available for those who don't want to get the trip;e vaccine.
  • I think  it's an outrage that someone has the nerve to even consider that parents should be forced to give their children the MMR against their wishes.

If the government are so concerned about there being a Measles epidemic then why don't they pay a few more pounds and offer on the NHS the single jabs for the minority of parents who are refusing the MMR.

They wouldn't have to make it public knowledge just let the doctors offer it to the few patients who choose to not have the combined jab.