Forum home Article comments

Talkback: Off the Pill but no periods

Replies

• Hiya. Same thing happened to me. I had been on pill for 9 years and then implant for 1.5 years. Doctors told me my periods should go back to normal soon, but having been on contraception for so long I did not know what 'normal' is. I persisted with doctor but they wouldn't do anything until it had been over a year. Sounds like a long wait, but they have been fab now and put my partner and I through testing. I have only ovulated once in the year and 2 months I have been off contraception. Because of this I am going on clomid in 2 weeks time. It usually is a medical reason for periods not coming back but by no means does it mean it is an unsolvable issue. Good luck! Jennifer X
  • Hiya. Same thing happened to me. I had been on pill for 9 years and then implant for 1.5 years. Doctors told me my periods should go back to normal soon, but having been on contraception for so long I did not know what 'normal' is. I persisted with doctor but they wouldn't do anything until it had been over a year. Sounds like a long wait, but they have been fab now and put my partner and I through testing. I have only ovulated once in the year and 2 months I have been off contraception. Because of this I am going on clomid in 2 weeks time. It usually is a medical reason for periods not coming back but by no means does it mean it is an unsolvable issue. Good luck! Jennifer X