Forum home Article comments
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Talkback: Insider guide to nurseries, nannies and childminders

Replies

• Having a read on this and the first thing my eyes alight in are the recommendation to "just turn up, nurseries should never mind a visitor" well ....... this is very true as a new mum and a nursery practitioner of over 20 years, we do not ever mind a visitor but...... a nursery should never let a walk up into the nursery, this is a serious security breach. As a parent you expect the staff to protect your child whilst in the setting, we have to allow people in to see the setting but just randomly allowing people through the door is not good practice as I'm sure OFSTED would atest to.
  • Forgot to say gut feeling is a very good way to make a decision!
  • Having a read on this and the first thing my eyes alight in are the recommendation to "just turn up, nurseries should never mind a visitor" well ....... this is very true as a new mum and a nursery practitioner of over 20 years, we do not ever mind a visitor but...... a nursery should never let a walk up into the nursery, this is a serious security breach. As a parent you expect the staff to protect your child whilst in the setting, we have to allow people in to see the setting but just randomly allowing people through the door is not good practice as I'm sure OFSTED would atest to.