Forum home Product Tests Sponsored discussions

Tell Aunt Bessie’s what makes your roast dinner the best and why: £200 voucher up for grabs!

DanielleMFMDanielleMFM admin
edited Mar 5, 2019 1:04PM in Sponsored discussions

Hello.

Aunt Bessie’s want to help make your life a little easier, a bit happier, and a whole lot tastier, with their range of meals, and they would love you tell them what makes your roast dinner the best, and why your family love it.

To be in with a chance of winning, please post on this thread, and tell Aunt Bessie’s what makes your roast dinner the best and why your family love it, and you could win a £200 Amazon voucher for sharing!

Everyone who posts (and answers the question fully) will be entered into a prize draw to win the £200 Amazon vouchers.

We'll keep this thread open until 05/04/19, and we'll announce the winner's name a few days later.

This discussion is sponsored by Aunt Bessie’s. Aunt Bessie’s produce a huge range of frozen foods from classic Yorkshire puddings to roast potatoes, vegetables and desserts. Please note that comments and pictures you post here may be used by Aunt Bessie’s in future marketing material. See full Ts & Cs here

Replies

• edited Mar 4, 2019 11:37AM
    I'll tell you what makes my roast dinner so good,
    It the delicious crunch of a great yorkshire pud,
    A light crispy batter cooked till its gold,
    Then pour on some gravy and the whole family's sold.
    Add some roasties and veg plated nicely not messy,
    But a roast isn't a roast without a pud from Aunt Bessie!
  • Nothing compares to aunt Bessie Yorkshire puddings 😍 the best part of a roast by a mile! Smothered in  chicken gravy of course 😋 
  • What makes my roast dinner the best is the fact I don't have to make it  ;)

We love it because every week we do something different - variety is the spice of life after all
  • I love a big roast for all the family. I try to please everyone, so I do roast potatoes and mash and loads of Yorkshire puddings. I like to do a big variety of vegetables too, and loads of gravy. What really helps is using frozen Yorkshire puddings and roast potatoes (and maybe the odd stuffing ball!). It’s also great if some of the frozen food takes the same amount of time to cook, and at the same temperature. I love to have all the family round and just enjoy being together for a lovely roast!
  • Love aunt Bessie- bar far the best Yorkshire pud on a Sunday roast. But my favourite has to be the gravy made from the meat juices. Yum yum! My son would say the Yorkshire pudding tho- just so yummy and he always eats that first. 
  • Aunt Bessie's bake at home yorkshire puddings are my most favourite thing ever!!!! I have to have a one or two (or three  :D ) with my roast dinner!
    For me, a rib of beef is best, with crispy roast potatoes, lots of veg including honey roasted parsnips and then a rich gravy made from meat juices!
    So hungry now! 
  • What makes my roast dinners the bests? Knowing that the whole family will be around to enjoy them. 
    My husband loves a slow roasted leg of lamb, my dad a healthy spoonful of mash with petite peas drowned in gravy and my son loves a crispy light, fluffy Yorkshire pudding. 
    Perhaps the best part for me though is sitting with my mom the next day, after all the work is done for a plate of leftovers and a good long chat. 
  • I honestly am not a great cook. But when I try to cobble together a roast I always have Tesco finest pigs in blankets and aunt bessies Yorkshire puds. With a ton of mint sauce. I could just eat a plate of those lol. But what we love best about roasts is simply sitting together having a meal as a family ❤️
  • Love the roast potatoes
  • I think it must be my gravy - the family all rave about it.
  • i make the gravy using the water from the veggies and the oil from the meat its super tasty, i thinkk though the family just love the get together and the arguing over the last yorshire pud!
  • As long as I use Aunt Bessie’s they love it! Tried using supermarket own once....didn’t go down well!
  • My kids and husband love my roast potatoes! I also have to do Yorkshire puddings! Yum!
  • My family love my roast dinner as they say i make the best yorkshire puddings and that it is family time to catch up

• It's a time when we can all get together and have some quality family time without any interruptions.
  • The fact I make it slimming world friendly and still tastes amazing!  We can even slip a few Aunt Bessie Yorkshire puds in within our syn allowance!
  • We have a special roast dinner at least every month, were I invite my grandparents who are in their 80s. They are at the stage were they can not be bothered cooking a big meal like a roast anymore now. So we pick them up and my hubby cooks, we have Aunt Bessie's Yourkshire puds regardless of the meat, as they a a huge favourite of all the family's
    And we simply have a good old family time, enjoying each other's company and having a good catch up. They absolutely adore playing and spending time with their great grandchildren, they bring them so much joy!  
  • Amazing Yorkshire puds and roast potatoes - the naughtiest but most delicious parts of the roast in my opinion!
  • We love roast beef or occasionally pork.  But it would be nothing without the trimmings and vegetables.  Roast potatoes, mashed potatoes, carrots & broccoli, Aunt Bessie's Yorkshire puds (of course), and lashings of onion gravy.  I'm feeling hungry!
  • It is the time when the whole family gets together and catches up on events
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions