Forum home Babies Baby

How many hours of sleep a day is your 9 month old having?

hi

my little one has always been in a great sleep routine but the last 7 weeks or so, the whole thing has collapsed with early wakings and not getting enough day sleep. How many hours of day sleep are your little ones having?

Replies

• We've just hit 9 months old and our current rputine is an hour nap in the morning / lunch dependjng on that time she wakes up and another hour late afternoon x

• My LO usually has 45 mins to an hour about 3 hours after waking. Then about 1 hr 30 in the afternoon 

• My LO never slept well through the night waking 2 -3 times until about a week ago I think its because he is now having 3 meals a day and snacks also nursery helps the 2 days he goes.

He is 9 months old and has an hour nap in the morning if he wakes before 8am and anywhere between 45 mins to 2 hours in the afternoon.

We keep his story bath bottle and bed routine and don't break it regardless and we find this works.

I think we can only generalise what we should do as all babies are different.

I do notice however when he makes a development leap he's is very unsettled.

Its hard to go from having it one way then it change again but unfortunately this is what babies do.

• Normally 9 to 12 months old baby can sleep 12 to 14 hours in a day. But my little one takes his nap only for 11 to 13 hours.

• My daughter doesn’t like sleeping during the day! She won’t go into bed so she ends up sleeping anywhere, usually in the floor where she has been playing! She sleeps well all night though so I can’t complain really!