Forum home Product Tests Product tests

Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula Stretch Marks Range: the feedback and review thread

Hello. 

This is the feedback thread for those of you who are testing the Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula Stretch Marks Range, as part of our latest MadeForMums product test.

Please give us your feedback on this thread:

1. After one week of use, please tell us what you think of the look, the texture and the scent of the products in the Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula Stretch Marks range? Please comment on all three things (look, texture and scent) and upload your first bump picture with your answer. (We currently have a limitation on picture size on the forum: here is how to compress your images prior to posting them)
2. Please tell us how many weeks pregnant you were when you started this product test.
3. At the end of the product test: now that you’ve used it for 6 weeks, what would you say about the effect Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula Stretch Mark Range has had on your skin? Please upload your other weekly bump pictures with your answer.
4. Would you recommend Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula Stretch Mark Range to other pregnant women? If so, please say why.

Everyone who leaves quality feedback by providing all the pictures and answering all the questions will be entered into a draw to win the £200 Amazon voucher or one of 10 Palmer’s pamper packs, worth £40 each.

Thank you so much – and good luck!

Note: Palmer’s Cocoa Butter range for stretch marks priced from £3.49. Any comments and pictures you post on our Feedback thread may be used by Palmer’s in future marketing material. See full Ts&Cs here. 

Replies

• Week 1 :
    Scent - love the smell of all 3 products
    Texture - so far my favourite is the Tummy Butter. It makes my skin feel totally moisturised all day long, but not greasy (you need to let it absorb a bit before dressing!). The massage lotion is very similar to the normal Cocoa butter body cream - seems the same texture exactly. Massage lotion easier to smooth on. 
    Look - nice packaging on the massage cream & tummy butter.  
  • Week 1

Scent- lovely smelling and not overpowering. Coconut reminds me of holiday! 
    Look- the look of the product i feel is perfect. Nice thick packaging not flimsy. 
    Texture- the texture is great. It is not too thick or sticky which I have found with a lot of products. It isn’t too thin that you need to put a lot on. So far so good! 

(For some reason I cannot upload a picture, I will keep trying) 
  • Week 1

Scent- lovely smelling and not overpowering. Coconut reminds me of holiday! 
    Look- the look of the product i feel is perfect. Nice thick packaging not flimsy. 
    Texture- the texture is great. It is not too thick or sticky which I have found with a lot of products. It isn’t too thin that you need to put a lot on. So far so good! 

(For some reason I cannot upload a picture, I will keep trying) 
    Hey xlauren89x, we're afraid we currently have a limit on picture sizes, but you can still post your pic. Just head to this thread and it will tell you how OR try screengrabbing your pics and posting the grabs. Please let us know if you need any help. 
  • Week 1 

Look: packaging very nice simple and sturdy. 
    Texture: lovely texture esp the body butter and lotion. Only find that putting on at night time before bed can make me quite hot and sweaty.
    Scent: Amazing esp on the days not feeling 100% the smell isnt overpowering or have a different smell whilst on. 
  • Week 1 
    This is my second pregnancy and I did not experience any stretch marks with baby number 1 and I’ve always been a fan of palmers. One week on using Palmers: smells amazing, I have really dry and sensitive skin, but my skin now feels exceptionally moist.  
    Look- love the concept and its pacakaged well.
    Sent- fresh and I feel sun kissed 
    Texture- non greasy, easy to apply and works pretty well with my skin type.  

• Hi I've been using the Palmer for a week now 3 times a day as suggested. Love the scent. The packing is nice easy to use. The texture is soft but doesn't get absorbed quick enough. When it finally gets dry it leaves my skin like crumbs. I don't know if it's suposed to do so but even after a shower it act the same.
  • Carls Ems said:
    Week 1 
    This is my second pregnancy and I did not experience any stretch marks with baby number 1 and I’ve always been a fan of palmers. One week on using Palmers: smells amazing, I have really dry and sensitive skin, but my skin now feels exceptionally moist.  
    Look- love the concept and its pacakaged well.
    Sent- fresh and I feel sun kissed 
    Texture- non greasy, easy to apply and works pretty well with my skin type.  

Hi Carl Ems, please be sure to add your first  bump photo. If you're having problems loading the pic just head to this thread and it will tell you how OR try screengrabbing your pics and posting the grabs. Please let us know if you need any help. 
  • I started the product testing at 20+2 weeks.

I love all the packaging, especially on the massage lotion with the pump dispenser. The tummy butter looks so much more expensive than it is retailed at. You can see from all of the packages that they are clearly pregnancy products too. 

The scent of all of them is coconut (my favourite) but not too overpowering, especially for my sensitive pregnancy sense of smell at the moment. 

The texture of the massage lotions are lovely and smooth, soak in quickly and leave my bump feeling lovely and moisturised. The tummy butter is a very thick butter, which feels amazing, but is harder to spread across my tummy. Once it’s on though you can feel it last for a long time, even after a shower my tummy felt lovely and moisturised. 

Thoroughly enjoying pampering my ever growing bump with these gorgeous products. 

Picture today at 21 weeks+2

• Week 1 Look - they definitely look more expensive than they are, and are packaged well. Texture - I really like the texture of the massage lotions, they absorb well and don’t leave a sticky residue. The tummy butter I have found very difficult to actually get any out of the pot, it’s solid!! Not sure if maybe my room is a little cold but I think I would have been disappointed had I bought this as I haven’t really been able to use it. Scent - they smell really nice and coconutty, the smell isn’t overpowering which is perfect for when you’re pregnant!
  • I was 25 weeks when I started using this product 😊 I have a couple of stretch marks already that were there before I started using the creams.

look - the products look smart and much more expensive than they are. I like that they are marketed specifically for stretch marks

texture - love the creams, they feel so smooth on my skin! I love that they sink into my skin quickly as well. I’m not keen on the body butter, I find it quite sticky, hard to get out of the pot and hard to rub in, however it does feel like it’s deeply moisturising me which is the whole point so I don’t mind! 

Scent - love the summery coconut smell, it’s not overpowering which is so important bearing in mind they are aimed at pregnant ladies 😊
  • When I started using the products I was 23 + 3 weeks and I have been using the products for 1 week now twice a day.

Look - the packaging is lovely and really clear it is suitable for pregnant women. The benefits of the product is clearly detailed and I really like the pump on the lotion.

Texture - I am not keen on the butter, it is hard to get out of the tub and flakey texture which is hard to rub in. I really like how easy the cream and lotion are to rub in.

Scent - lovely smell and not too over powering. It doesn’t seem to smell for too long once it has absorbed into the skin. 

• Week 16 when i started using this,
    I’m quite active so no obvious stretch marks. However, some comments bellow:
    Scent - love the smell of all 3, really long lasting and fabulous flagrance which lasts all day and beyond 
    Texture-my favourite is the message lotion although all 3 are a bit greasy for my liking but in the same time makes your skin feeling super hydrated indicating that it might actually really work in improving elasticity. Tummy butter quite difficult to apply but once you get the grip with it, works wonders. Due to the greasy texture they don’t absorb very quickly so make sure you get dried up before wearing anything, or apply mainly at night before going to bed so it allows time to work overnight. 
    Look - nice packaging with the tummy butter looking the most luxurious of the 3. It does however runs out very quickly so maybe the other two products will last you longer 
  • After 1 week of using the products i dont think I've ever been so we'll moisturized! I like the look of the products, I find the packaging no-nonsense and clearly aimed at pregnant ladies. I love the texture of the massage lotion, it's my favourite by far. It feels light to rub in and soaks in quickly - perfect for a busy mum. The cream is a bit thicker and so I've been putting it on at bedtime as I find it takes longer to soak in. It's not greasy however so this is a big plus. The butter I really struggled with at first - could barely get it out of the pot and then it was hard to rub across my wobbly skin. Now I've got through the top "crust" it is easier to use and certainly leaves my skin well nourished. The scent of all three products is lovely - it's not overpowering at all and I think this is really important in a pregnancy product, when the sense of smell can be so sensitive. My husband isn't the biggest fan of cocoa butter but even he doesn't mind these products. I was 19 weeks when I started using these products, and with many old stretch marks from my previous 3 pregnancies.
  • I started using the products when I was 27+6 pregnant and I already was starting to get a few stretch marks.

Look - I like the look of the products they look more expensive and I like that it is easy to see they are for stretch marks.

Texture - I prefer the massage lotion although the massage cream has a very similar texture - both rub in well. I found the tummy butter difficult to use as it is solid and does not melt easily although it seems to get better after you get through the top layer. It does not rub in well it looks very flaky and takes a long time to stop being greasy.

Smell - I love the smell of the products, they are not too overpowering and last a while.
  • DanielleMFMDanielleMFM admin
    edited Mar 15, 2019 8:54PM
    Thanks for your feedback so far @ThuperRahPlease do add your first bump pic too. 
  • Thanks for your feedback so far @ThuperRahPlease do add your first bump pic too. 
    Hopefully they have uploaded now @DanielleMFM
  • I started using the products at 17 weeks and 2 days, I prefer the lotion type creams to the butter, purely due to the ease of application, I find the butter a bit too firm. 
    I love the smell of the products and the effect of them lasts a long time. 
    I had been getting an itchy belly due to skin stretching but that has stopped since regularly using these! 
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions