Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

HELP TTC!!

Ok, so I was wondering if anyone could help me.

Me and my partner have been trying to conceive for 6 months now but no luck.

I have been tracking my cycle and ovulation for over a year, and I am very consistent, I always ovulate on the same day every cycle etc.

However, my partner travels for work, he works one week away and one week at home, looking at my ovulation prediction days for the next year (which are always correct) and looking at his work schedule, there is not a single month for the next year that he is home during my fertile window. Every month during my ovulation and the fertile days before he is out of the country.

I was wondering if I could push back ovulation by a week so he is always home during my fertile window.

Would taking the combined pill that delays period, also delay ovulation?

Any suggestions?

Replies

• if u take a combined pill it will toataly muck your cycles up especially when u stop taking it ur body will have to balance out ur homones again and ur have a withdraw bleed and wont no when ur true period will start again or overlate it can take up to 6 months after taking any pill id say coming up to that week for ur overlation to have it as semin can live up to 4 or more days sometimes a week so still a chance u can concieve xx