Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Frustrating!! Pregnancy everywhere!

Well on 3rd month of TTC and trying to be relaxed about it but not working really well ha ha! But a girl at my work just announced she is pregnant. I am happy for her and wish her all the best but can't help but feel jealous.
I was at a wedding last week and lots of people there with babies and toddlers plus two couples i know are expecting. It just seems everyone is getting pregnant except me.
So frightened in case it doesn't happen for me and i end up feeling like this all the time. Doesn't help when friends get pregnant by 'surprise' or get pregnant real quick and tell u 'we didn't have to try long'. 
Plus my husband likes to tell people we are trying. I like how he is excited about it but i am dreading people he has told asking me about it - 'where's the baby?' Blah blah. 
I've only told my sister and best friend who are good supports. 

Does anyone else feel like this? 

Replies

• @Apple2018 I think the way you feel is completely understandable and normal.
    I'm on my 4th month ttc and it feels like forever.
    I tried talking to my best friend who has a toddler about it but she apparently got pregnant the first time she had unprotected sex.... Not the the first month but literally she had unprotected sex once and got pregnant. So obviously i now hate her (kinda joking, also kinda not).

That best friend and my sister-in-law both want a 2nd soon but this will be my first. In my mind i feel it will be the worse thing in the world if they get pregnant before me. I love them both but it doesn't matter as i feel it's my turn.

It's hard not to feel like way when it's something we want so much.
  • Big hugs xxxxx ur time will come xxc
  • Unfortunately that feeling is all too familiar! I’ve just recently had a miscarriage 2 1/2 weeks ago and I’ve come off all social media as there have been about 10 pregnancy announcements! My sister in law is pregnant we were the same time along, another friend is also pregnant and 6 people at work are pregnant and I go back tomorrow! 
    I feel like a horrible jealous person all I want to do is be happy and share it with them but the fear of being upset about it not being fair what happened to me over comes it! 
    Our time will surely come when others will look at us and think the same! It’s a natural feeling xx
  • So sorry to hear about your miscarriage hun. Big hugs xx

Dmr1996 said:
    Unfortunately that feeling is all too familiar! I’ve just recently had a miscarriage 2 1/2 weeks ago and I’ve come off all social media as there have been about 10 pregnancy announcements! My sister in law is pregnant we were the same time along, another friend is also pregnant and 6 people at work are pregnant and I go back tomorrow! 
    I feel like a horrible jealous person all I want to do is be happy and share it with them but the fear of being upset about it not being fair what happened to me over comes it! 
    Our time will surely come when others will look at us and think the same! It’s a natural feeling xx

• @Apple2018 thank you, baby dust to us all! Xx
  • It’s so reassuring knowing that you aren’t the only one with these feelings. I have been trying to conceive for 8 months now.. and in that time so many people around me have got pregnant, it genuinely hurts even though I want to be happy for them, it’s so hard. I think this is completely natural, when you want something so bad and you aren’t sure whether it’s even possible for you yet, it’s unsettling.

As the months roll on and I get closer to that year mark, I can’t help but feel worried, it’s literally all I ever think about! My husband and I try to remain positive, keep ourselves busy and focussed but it’s not always easy is it! 
  • Hi ladies, I was the same after my son was born in June 2017 we decided to try for yet another one (number 11) but nothing😩 it took us approx one and a half year but unfortunately I missed carried at 11 weeks, which out of all my 11 pregnancy’s was the one time I had ever experienced a miscarriage, even though I already have children, seeing the totm arrive is horrible, but I’m lucky to say I got a BFP a week ago after nearly 4 months. Just don’t give up, everyone is different, you time will come, I remember after my miscarriage I just seem to see Pram’s and newborns everywhere and you do feel totally jealous, it’s only natural. Sending baby dust your way 😊
  • Dmr1996 said:
    Unfortunately that feeling is all too familiar! I’ve just recently had a miscarriage 2 1/2 weeks ago and I’ve come off all social media as there have been about 10 pregnancy announcements! My sister in law is pregnant we were the same time along, another friend is also pregnant and 6 people at work are pregnant and I go back tomorrow! 
    Hey Dmr how are you doing? @Apple2018 I know the feeling all to well you really are not alone. I have a similar story to Dmr... I had a MC at 5 weeks and we weren't expecting to be pregnant so now I'm a little annoyed and worried that it was easy but now it might it be more difficult. I'm hoping that I get pregnant this year. Lots of pregnant people at work showing bumps. 
  • Hey @Coconutfox not too good, tried to go back to work Friday night and was sent home. I think all the hugs and how are yours set me off, maybe 2 weeks post m/c was too soon 😔 still hoping for a BFP instead of AF in a couple weeks 🤞🏼 How are you? X
  • Hi everyone, we just wanted to let you know, there's a lovely TTC in April thread here, if you fancied checking it out.