Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility

Does having Chlamydia several times cause infertility???

Hi
I really need advice as I am extremely worried. I have had chlamydia 3 times now and waiting on results as I am concerned that I have it again, getting it twice from ex boyfriends. I am sick with worry that having it numerous of times can make you infertile, as I have heard a story that a girl has become infertile from having it a few times - not sure of the full details though. I am just wondering if anyone has any advice regarding this or a similar issue? 
I would really appreciate the help and advice, as I have been researching into it for days and nothing has came up. 

Thank you 

Replies

• In women, chlamydia can spread to the womb, ovaries or fallopian tubes. This may lead to infertilty or increased risk of an eptopic pregnancy.

The best thing you can do is get treated quickly before it has chance to spread.
    Were you treated quickly the last two times?

• Yeah I was treated quickly within a month on both occasions. 
  • Hey, unfortunately yes you can become infertile. I would suggest you spend a few months taking some prenatal vits and tracking your cycle. Learn about what makes a normal cycle and what doesn't and if it seems abnormal then go see your doctor. The annoying thing is if you go to the doctors without any evidence, (s)he will tell you to do exactly what I have said. Download an app, take your temp, monitors your moods and periods, do some opk tests. 
  • I know that it can increase your risk of eptopic pregnancies and so I guess if you do get pregnant and have any sort of pain you would need to be seen sooner rather than later