Forum home Product Tests Sponsored discussions

Tell Aldi all about your favourite Easter dishes: £200 Aldi voucher up for grabs!

DanielleMFMDanielleMFM admin
edited Apr 18, 2019 3:17PM in Sponsored discussions

Hello.

This Easter, Aldi has everything from British Spring lamb to Easter egg hunt kits, and recipes galore, to make sure your family have a magical time.

Aldi would love you tell them what your favourite Easter dish is. From leftover roast to a knockout dessert, tell Aldi all about your favourite dishes and you could win a £200 Aldi voucher for sharing.

Everyone who posts a valid entry will be entered into a prize draw to win a £200 Aldi voucher!

We'll keep this thread open until 03/05/19, and we'll announce the winner's name a few days later.

Aldi has everything you need for the perfect family Easter: from a huge range of Easter eggs to crafting kits and Spring lamb, make your Easter egg-cellent.   

Replies

• I make a great Easter cake with creme eggs and mini eggs. 
  • I don’t think you can beat roast shoulder of lamb at Easter with all of the trimmings followed by Eton mess with mini eggs instead of fruit. Delicious 😋 
  • edited Apr 29, 2019 10:06AM
    My left-overs from a Roast beef, pork or lamb dinner, goes down almost better than the dinner it's self but all I do is chop the left over meat in my food processor along with any roast potatoes (and roasted root veggies, if any left) if not enough potatoes I just boil some up then mash add some fried chopped onions and make into rissoles (I make into small balls flaten then, dip into flour, then egg and fry until golden brown) - brilliant served with baked beans a makes a cheep and easy 2nd mael almost for free

My knockout (leftover) dessert, is a bread and butter pudding made from any left over hot cross buns and bread I have around and more dried fruit of your choice (or can be made with marmalaid if you don't like dried fruit) and the smae egg milk mix from any B&B recipe - nothing goes to waist in my home! If you don't have any left overs you can always use the reduced price ones picked up at the end of the day - helps not waste shop food either
  • Simnel cake! I don't normally like fruit cakes, but this one isn't too fruity, and the marzipan just takes it to another level, yum yum!

• edited Apr 8, 2019 5:11PM
    I love the little Easter cakes. We make a chocolate cornflake cake and decorate it with mini eggs. So it looks like a little birds nest. The kids love making it and just so 😋 
  • A Classic simnel cake and homemade hot cross buns 
  • I love hot cross bun bread and butter pudding!
  • I like to make up a couple of large shepherds pies so all my family can dig in & enjoy. I make it with lamb mince, grated carrot, chilli pepper & onion topped with sweet & regular potato. It’s always a winner before the Easter egg hunt.
  • As I am half French I always make an Easter nest which has three types of chocolate icing over the top which are made to look like twigs. Then in the middle you fill it with eggs and on top you add a chocolate chicken. Although this year I am having trouble getting hold of my chocolate chicken. Perhaps aldi could sell one from next year for me. ☺️
  • Love toasted hot cross buns with lots of butter! and my late great aunt used to make an amazing chocolate cake with mini eggs, I wish I could re-create it but I am hopeless at baking!
  • Home made creme eggs. They're a little bit fiddly to make but there's a sense of satisfaction when you succeed. 
  • Shepherds Pie, with a generous amount of mint sauce
  • Shepherd's Pie
  • I'm guessing I can't count chocolate eggs as a 'meal'! In that case, I do like lamb with roast potatoes.
  • Bread and butter pudding made from hot cross buns
  • I love a Hot Cross Buns
  • I love a lamb roast with mint sauce at Easter, with new potatoes, if they are ready.
  • Roast lamb, mint sauce and all the trimmings followed by bread pudding made with hot cross buns - yum!
  • Has to be Simnel Cake, a family tradition to have on Easter Sunday
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions