Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Mat b1 form

does everyone need one of these for their employer?

Im almost 32 weeks and although my employer hasnt asked for one, Ive just realised that I never got given one from my MW.

The thing is, im due to finish work on the 31st May for maternity leave but Im not seeing my midwife next until 19th May!!

can anyone help??

Replies

• I was told I would get given one by my mw at 28 weeks so they could organise mat pay. Do you know about your mat pay? Maybe you could phone mw or gp and ask as I had to. Im employed by the council as a teacher so I have already had all the forms asking for it and im only 14 weeks
  • Yep, you definately need to give a copy of this to your employer - I would ring your MW and get her to post it to you maybe as think there is a deadline that you have to give it to your employer by from memory...
  • I would ring your MW and ask her to fill it in and leave for you to collect. I'm not entirely sure when your employer needs it but it should have been available to you from 24 weeks so I would chase her xxx
  • you do need one if you want Mat pay! you better get it pronto lol xxxx you were supposed to give it to your employer 15 weeks before due date xxx

MKB 23+5
  • I got mine this week as my employer wanted in by 25 weeks.
    I'd get one to cover yourself hun.

Lisa
    24 weeks x
  • my MW is hopeless! Ive had to remind her to take my bloods for my anti -d when needed, have had to tell her how many weeks pregnant I am on each visit and have had to ask for specific forms when they are due.

how am I going to rely on her when im in labour? she might have forgotten what to do!!
  • i saw my MW yesterday & she gave me mine then - im only 21 weeks but she said as im here she might as well get that form over with. I would ring your MW and see if she can send it out to you.

Jenn xx
  • I was under the impression you can get it anytime after 20 weeks, you then have till you are 25 weeks to give it to your employer.

Not seeing a midwife again till 23 weeks so I hope they have one for me!

Thistle

20+6
  • I was under the impression you can get it anytime after 20 weeks, you then have till you are 25 weeks to give it to your employer.

Not seeing a midwife again till 23 weeks so I hope they have one for me!

Thistle

20+6

this is correct xxx