Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Tips on temping?

Hi guys I am soon to be in my 5 month of ttc currently cd5 I have a long cycle though usually between 33-36 days but can differ! I used opk sticks the last two months and had no joy I think I gave up before I was close to ovulation. I am now thinking of temping can anyone enlighten me on how you do this? Tips on what to you’d and what tome of the day to do it, how to track it and what I’m looking for. Also what methods are people
using and what do they prefer? 

Replies

• To temp you need to take your temperarure at the same time every day before you get up or anything else. You also need to make sure you have a proper basal thermometer  for accuracy
  • To temp you need to take your temperarure at the same time every day before you get up or anything else. You also need to make sure you have a proper basal thermometer  for accuracy
    Thanks! Do you do this along side opk or alone? 
  • I did it alongside opk. I used ovia app to tell me when my most fertile days were expected and used the opk to confirm. I took them at around 2pm and got positives over 2 days. I made sure to bd every day during that time including a day after it predicted ovulation.

The point of temping is so you can gauge when you ovulate. Like you I normally have a cycle of around 35 days, although the cycle before I got my bfp I was 8 days late on top of that so I temped to check ovulation dates.

I recommend using fertility friend. Have the thermometer in reach when you wake up and record it straight away. The app will automatically predict the ovulation day after you record 3 consecutive temperature increases. Obviously by then it's too late to bd so make sure you use other things such as app, opk and cm to guess when it should be and bd on that day and for 3 days before then.
  • After you ovulate your temperature should stay up for a week or so. If you're not pregnant it will drop to indicate that af is on its way but if it stays up it's a good sign of a bfp. Mine dropped slightly on day 3 then went back up, and on the 10th day after ovulation it dropped to the cover line (the temperature on ovulation day) before going back up again. I've read that  cover line drop is a sign of implantation but I got my bfp with a FRER that day.