Forum home Birth clubs Due in September 2019

Due in September 2019 - Part 2

Replies

• I feel quite happy at the moment! As in, I saw each scan as a mile stone until now but now that I can feel her moving I’m so much happier. I’ll probably get impatient again soon enough 😂 I would bet money that we end up having one. Will try and hold out until 30 weeks. As far as I know I have no more scans so it’s quite a long time to wait without seeing her again. 
  • I've just booked a 4d scan for the 7th June, i'll be 26 weeks 4 days! Hopefully not too early! It's our first so I couldn't resist! Starting to feel little kicks now and buying bits! So exciting! Choosing the right pram is stressing me out haha, has anyone found any good offers? Or bought theirs already?
  • I’m trying to hold out scan wise. But the thought of now having to wait until she’s here before I can see here again 🥺 so think I’ll end up booking one for July! 
    Have looked at prams and think we have decided but there is so much choice! Who knew 🤷🏻‍♀️

Hows everyone coming along with names?
  • Just be careful when booking scans too late as the baby gets too big to be seen in one nice pic. I think they say 3d/4d scans from 24-30/32 weeks.

I'm having the same issues re the pram. Think I'm going to get the cosatto giggle 2 in pom pom tree design. Mothercare have a great deal on where you basically get everything for £400 instead of £650 but ends in the next few weeks so planning to order soon.

• I think I am going to book a scan for around 30 weeks, I won’t be able to last until he is here, I already want to see him again.

We had a quick trip to mothercare on the weekend, I like the Silvercross Pioneer and the Mamas and Papas armadillo flip xt3 - I think we are going to go for the mamas and papas one, just searching the internet for a good deal 🙄 it’s quick pricey at the mo, the cheapest I’ve found is £695 for the pram, carry cot and car seat.

Struggling with names! I didn’t realise it would be so hard to agree on names 🙈
  • This is our first and we’re finding prams a bit of a minefield! I liked two silver cross ones. My husband wanted the one that folded smaller to be sure it would fit in our boot but the lady in John Lewis showed me how to fold it up and it was impossible!! She claimed it was new so hasn’t been used much and was stiff.. but it put me right off. I physically couldn’t do it 😂 so I prefer the bigger one which I folded easily.. but my husband is concerned we won’t be able to fit our golden retriever and the Pram in the boot at the same time 🙈We’ve booked a 2 hour lesson at John Lewis 25th May where they go through prams, car seats, cots etc with you. 
    I’m eager to get the nursery furniture soon because I’ve been storing everything in a box for the time being and my box is now full!
  • Have a look at the mamas and papas flip xt3 one when you go for your lesson if you can, it folds up quite small and you can fold it down with one hand! It’s so easy to do. I have two retrievers too so we wanted one that fold small and easy for the same reason haha 
  • Ooh thank you! We definitely will! 
  • Yep we are struggling with names too. You say names that you think are nice but when it comes to it your just like yeah I don’t wanna name my child this though 😂😂 
    I do think boys names are easier! 
  • Morning ladies. Is anyone else struggling with what to wear? X
  • Yessss! Every day is a struggle 🙈 I’ve picked up a few maternity bits off ASOS and I got a few bargains in New Look last weekend which I love but it’s too cold at the moment to wear them.
    Honestly these two dresses off ASOS are so comfy. I love them. Only one is maternity but the other I just got a size bigger and there’s plenty of room.
    highly recommend. The first is actually more pinky in colour than it looks in the picture. 

https://www.asos.com/prd/11573937?acquisitionsource=pasteboard

https://www.asos.com/prd/11357175?acquisitionsource=pasteboard

• Feeling so tired but had my lo up for the last couple of nights so thinking that's probably why. Just catching up on posts and we have gone for the cossatto giggle 2 this time as a friend of mine has one and it's great. Have got to go back for scan on 15th as they couldn't see all the heart, not to worried as had the exact same thing with my youngest. Also got growth scans too apparently so will get to see lots of bubba b4 hes due. My eldest daughter has decided we should call him Harvey so going with that idea for now. Hows everyone else? X
  • Alice2801 said:
    This is our first and we’re finding prams a bit of a minefield! I liked two silver cross ones. My husband wanted the one that folded smaller to be sure it would fit in our boot but the lady in John Lewis showed me how to fold it up and it was impossible!! She claimed it was new so hasn’t been used much and was stiff.. but it put me right off. I physically couldn’t do it 😂 so I prefer the bigger one which I folded easily.. but my husband is concerned we won’t be able to fit our golden retriever and the Pram in the boot at the same time 🙈We’ve booked a 2 hour lesson at John Lewis 25th May where they go through prams, car seats, cots etc with you. 
    I’m eager to get the nursery furniture soon because I’ve been storing everything in a box for the time being and my box is now full!
    Hi Alice, we have hundreds of reviews on the site you can find here. Hopefully they might help :smile:
  • Alice I have saved them on my ASOS favourites to have a look at. I think I’m going to order me some maternity jeans. I can wear mime but can’t fasten them now. So can only wear floaty tops as you can see they aren’t closed. I miss jeans!! I miss feeling nice in clothes 😂

Mich I had the same re heart. Had to go back a second time for my 30 week scan so they could check the heart again and the lips/mouth as they couldn’t see them properly at my first 20 week scan. 
  • Thanks lea2018 that's what they said apparently it's very common, I must admit I was worried stupid when I had to last time with my youngest but alot more relaxed this time and as everything else seemed perfect that's really reassuring.

As for clothes I'm all in maternity now pretty much as bump is massive (same with my other boy) George is brilliant for getting some good cheap basics and new look has great choices to would recommend both. Only issue I have at the mo is finding a tankini something as we r going away at the end of the month but all the maternity ones are clothes sizes but I always have to buy cup sizes as boobs to big 🙄 but cant seem to find a maternity one in cup sizes anyone seen anything? X
  • I’ve just bought a tankini from Seraphine. It’s just in dress sizes though like you say
    We’re going on holiday next Saturday and I was struggling to find any I liked. This one is really flattering!

They’ve got some really nice dresses on their too but they’re quite pricey 😭 tempted to treat myself and order one for my baby shower in July though nearer the time. For now I’ve got to focus on getting all the babies room furniture! 🙈

Totally agree, I’ve found some bargains in New Look. 
  • Hi everyone, how are you all?
    I think I’ve decided to go for a silvercross pram now after deciding that I wanted a mamas and papas one. I am going to go back to the shop today for another play with it before I order it online.
    Has anyone started to look at nursery furniture yet? I don’t even know where to start with it really! 
  • I wanted a silver cross but my husband thinks that it’s too big when folded for our boot and with our golden retriever. I had a look at the flip xt3 after your suggestion and we are now ordering the Occaro. It folds down all in one piece which is great. There’s good deals on the mamas and papas website at the moment and we were shocked to find that most of them have a 15 -18 week wait! With being 23 weeks pregnant this Tuesday I’m too worried to leave it that long incase baby arrives early. We’ve managed to find a 9 week wait one so we are ordering it as I type! 😂
  • Ahh that’s great, I’m glad you found one you like. My friend has the occaro and loves it 😃 
    I didn’t realise they have such a long waiting time! Did you manage to find a bundle with a car seat or will you need to find that separate? 
  • Oh good!! I read reviews and they all sounded good. Once I saw the wait times I panicked. They had bundle deals on so we got a 6 piece bundle for £800 - 9 week wait so that takes us to the middle of July which is fine. I think we got the last one as I just went to send the link to my mum and it now says sold out and £1141!