Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

No period after stopping pill

Hi

It's my first post here. Me and my partner are trying for a baby. I was on the pill for about 7.5years and stopped it in March and had a withdrawal bleed 2 days later. When can i expect a period? If I was on the pill I would have been due on  a couple of days ago but I'm not sure when to expect a "normal period"

It's so hard not to worry about if and when I'm ovulating as I've been on the pill a while before I stopped it. I know i need to try not to think about it and let nature take its course but it's hard not to worry.

How long did it take any of you to get pregnant after stopping pill/ get a period?

Thanks x

Replies

• 7 years on pill a long time hun it can take up to 6 months for normal period to come or longer as ur body need to get back to normal and regulate some olwoman get caught right away best to waot to see when period comes might take a little while u could try for baby after 1st period by counting how long it last and 14th day after u can overlate but best to do it 3 days b4 and onwards and kerp doing that or try opk ti see when u overlate xx
  • Hi huni I was on the pill 10 years I went off the pill in December and only just had my first full flow period last weekend , it can take some time xx 
  • Hey.

I was on the pill for nearly ten years.  I came off in November and period only sorted out in end of Feb- March.  I fell pregnant during my 2nd regular cycle but unfortunately I lost it at 6 weeks last week.  

I was worried about becoming regular and tried reflexology.  I have no idea if my period regulated naturally or due to the reflexology but it definitely didn’t hinder it as it worked!! 
  • SMc6418 said:
    Hey.

I was on the pill for nearly ten years.  I came off in November and period only sorted out in end of Feb- March.  I fell pregnant during my 2nd regular cycle but unfortunately I lost it at 6 weeks last week.  

I was worried about becoming regular and tried reflexology.  I have no idea if my period regulated naturally or due to the reflexology but it definitely didn’t hinder it as it worked!! 
    I'm Sorry for your loss :( 
    I started my period a couple of days ago so will just monitor how regular they are now as i know the pill can mess them up for a while. 
    I had reflexology recently too, it was so relaxing! Might try it again in a month or two. 

• Good plan. I used it as an opportunity for a new notebook and pen. But i was easy to spot patterns. I also then use it to keep opk so I could see and compare the build up of lh
  • Usually body needs around 6-10month to sort it self out after pill. I would also advice to track ovulation. I was recommended to do it by my GP after I stopped pill..and was quite surprise cos I never ovulated in two month,in third one I had ovulation and got pregnant,but had a MC. Then my ovulation sorter itself out and I fell pregnant straight away and it was MC again....then after month another MC...my theory is that all MC I had cos I didn't wait at least 6month after pill. But 11 year after I stopped pill I got pregnant and now I am 31weeks....so I believe my body sorted itself out.
  • It can a while for your body to regulate again. I’m 10months with nothing so far after stopping the mini pill xxx