Forum home Birth clubs Due in January 2020
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in January 2020

Replies

• Don’t worry, that’s normal for some health care areas. Mine is like that but you can always see your GP or your hospital EOU (early obstetric unit) if you are concerned about anything. Just take plenty of time to relax and rest and make sure you’re taking your folic acid etc. Congratulations x
  • Oh phew that's put my mind at ease thanks for that! 

I started taking folic acid and the appropriate supplements as soon as we got the BFP on Sunday! 

Not overly concerned about anything right now so hopefully won't need to contact them until them! Just had an upset stomach every now and then but from what I'm reading that's quite normal! 

xxx
  • @Pixie89 congratulations on your first pregnancy! With my first, we had a doc appt at the beginning to get a blood test, but after that I didn't even see a midwife until I was 21 weeks! The hospital I went to usually doesn't see you any earlier than 20 weeks unless it's multiples/high risk. So totally normal to book you in later on. Doesn't make the wait any easier though haha.

I'm hoping to get a dating scan done at about 8 weeks (I'm about 4 weeks now) just to put my mind at ease. I've done it all before but it doesn't make every little niggle any less scary haha
  • Pixie89 said:
    Hi ladies!

I'm very new to all this so please bare with me! Congratulations to all of you! 

I have just found out I am expecting my first baby (first pregnancy) approx 12th January 2020 after ttc 7 months! Very very nervous/excited! Hasn't quite sunk in yet! 

I called to schedule a
    midwife appointment today and it has been booked for 20th June - is this normal? It seems really far away and means I won't have seen a single health care professional until then? Our scan was also booked in for July. 

Just a bit worried and probably overthinking things but like I say I think I'll be around 11 weeks before I've seen anyone? 

Thanks in advance for any help! 
    xxx
    Congratulations ! That's normal my doctors are the same and my friend is also pregnant but 4 weeks in front so been the same for her xx 
  • Pixie89 said:
    Oh phew that's put my mind at ease thanks for that! 

I started taking folic acid and the appropriate supplements as soon as we got the BFP on Sunday! 

Not overly concerned about anything right now so hopefully won't need to contact them until them! Just had an upset stomach every now and then but from what I'm reading that's quite normal! 

xxx
    What's supplements is everyone taking ? Ive started with pregnacare as it was the easy to pick up at the time, with the 3 more pregnancy tests I done haha 
  • I just take Asda cheapies, they are just as good. Save your money for everything else your little bubba is going to need 😍
  • My doc insisted on Pregnacare for my first so that’s what I’ve gone with again but I think the other brands are just as good x
  • Well good morning ladies ... and what a fine morning it is for me as I’ve just found out we’re pregnant after having quite a few negatives last week! EDD 13th Jan!

This will be my first baby, but second pregnancy ... we had a MMC earlier in the year, didn’t find out until the 12 week scan ... so I think I will be approaching this pregnancy with extreme caution and probably book in for a private scan at around 8 weeks just in case! 

Lovely to meet you all and start this journey together!

Already a bit concerned as I did have a couple of drinks on Sunday eve due to having received negative tests ... but I can’t worry too much about it now as it’s done ... just have to roll with it and hope for the best with this pregnancy!! 

Congratulations everyone ... here’s to the next 8 months of fun!! (Already dreading the nausea - it was awful last time!!!) 
  • I’m also taking the pregnacare max, partly as a friend of mine gave me an unopened box. 
  • Huge congrats kmic I think we were in the last birth group together I had exactly the same thing happen to me which is also making me think of booking an early scan around 8 weeks fingers crossed for us both this time xx 
  • @Rainbowsunshine Was it August 19?! It's awful isn't it... not the best start to the year! But I have HIGH HOPES this time round!! Fingers crossed for sticky babies!! Is this your first baby? xx
  • Welcome, welcome to our lovely new members @Pixie89 and @KMic
    We're so glad to have you here! 
  • KMic said:
    Well good morning ladies ... and what a fine morning it is for me as I’ve just found out we’re pregnant after having quite a few negatives last week! EDD 13th Jan!

This will be my first baby, but second pregnancy ... we had a MMC earlier in the year, didn’t find out until the 12 week scan ... so I think I will be approaching this pregnancy with extreme caution and probably book in for a private scan at around 8 weeks just in case! 

Lovely to meet you all and start this journey together!

Already a bit concerned as I did have a couple of drinks on Sunday eve due to having received negative tests ... but I can’t worry too much about it now as it’s done ... just have to roll with it and hope for the best with this pregnancy!! 

Congratulations everyone ... here’s to the next 8 months of fun!! (Already dreading the nausea - it was awful last time!!!) 
    Congratulations ☺️
  • Yes was August 19 I'm due this time around the 12th of January so close to you hopefully next year can be a better start to the new year for us 
    No this one will be my 6th have one boy and 4 girl xx
  • @Rainbowsunshine Awww as if we were in the same group!! And here we are again!! :) Definitely hoping for a more positive start to 2020!! 

You'll be a great go to for recognising symptoms then!! :) Have you got any apts booked yet? I have booked a doctors apt for the 20th to just let them know on the system that I'm pregnant, then I will be able to book my booking in apt. But i'll be on holiday when i'm 8 weeks, so will have to wait for week 9! Hoping to get booked in for an early scan because of what happened last time, but if they don't do it for me I think we will get a private one done anyway :) xx
  • Found out I was pregnant at the weekend and think I’m due on 11th of Jan. It was a complete surprise and my boyfriend hasn’t taken it too well but I’m hoping he’ll come round to the idea...

No sickness for me yet, just sooooo tired and getting quite a few dizzy spells 
  • BBStan I’m sure he’ll soon come round, it’s always a bit of a shock to them, they don’t like the thought of losing their freedom! I’m sure he’ll be very excited before long and liking all the ‘wrong’ pushchairs, cots & names 😂
  • BBStan said:
    Found out I was pregnant at the weekend and think I’m due on 11th of Jan. It was a complete surprise and my boyfriend hasn’t taken it too well but I’m hoping he’ll come round to the idea...

No sickness for me yet, just sooooo tired and getting quite a few dizzy spells 
    Super congratulations! Don't worry I'm sure he will come around it's quite overwhelming when you first find out. I'm not sure I'm fully with it yet haha. 
    Got a dizzy spell today for the first time today that was weird. xx 
  • Hello ladies :) bit nervous here tbh... I have just found out today we are pregnant super duper early used a FRER and had very clear positive I’m only 10dpo! I was part of this amazing community and the Due in August thread for a while under user name “baby number3” I sadly had a MMC at 11 weeks at the end of Jan and hoping this little one is sticky.... Huge congrats KMIC and Rainbow sunshine I remember u both from
    that chat. Here’s to a healthy happy 9 months for everyone! Xx
  • Hello ladies :) bit nervous here tbh... I have just found out today we are pregnant super duper early used a FRER and had very clear positive I’m only 10dpo! I was part of this amazing community and the Due in August thread for a while under user name “baby number3” I sadly had a MMC at 11 weeks at the end of Jan and hoping this little one is sticky.... Huge congrats KMIC and Rainbow sunshine I remember u both from
    that chat. Here’s to a healthy happy 9 months for everyone! Xx
    Congratulations ☺️ I'm so sorry to hear what happened before but don't worry I think most of us are nervous. What's does dpo stand for, I was resting chats earlier and was like I don't know what all these shortening are lol xx 
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions