Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding

When will he become regular again? 6 week old constipated

edited May 14, 2019 11:16AM in Breast & bottle feeding
My boy was 6 weeks old when perscribed gaviscon infant. All this did was make him constipated instantly. Afyer a week of being on that he was given renitadine - this has helped with his reflux but we are still left with constipation side effects from the gaviscon. How long can it be until he becomes regular again? It took him 5 days to poop after his last dose. We are now on day 3 since then with no poop. Anything I can do/eat to help him go as he is breastfed. Iv tried all the usual hints and tips. Massage tummy, boiled cooled water ect. Thanks for any help/advice given

Replies

• What is in your diet Hun? May be things you are eating gives him constipation?
    Try to eat dill and get some lacto teas for yourself
  • Sigsauer said:
    What is in your diet Hun? May be things you are eating gives him constipation?
    Try to eat dill and get some lacto teas for yourself

I have considered my diet too. My diet is really varied and I do have different types of spices and herby foods but this is nothing different to what I was eating when he was regular. He was going 3 times a day. Thank you for your suggestions I will give these a try! 
  • At 4-6 baby weeks your milk changes again. Try to eat as plain meals as possible, less bad carbs (white bread,rice,pasta,potatoes and ect),no spices (some of them goes straight in milk and affecting baby). Be careful of herbs also as they changing milk taste and that might upset babies tummy too. Don't  eat green and orange fruits,tomatoes,cucumber with peel. Avoid  cows milk. Try to have banana-prune,oat smoothy.(with oat milk) fennel tea and prune water (both are horrible,but helps a lot) if your baby born full term (38weeks pregnancy and up) you can give him a little bit of water to help his digestive system (1 teaspoon)