Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss

3 recurrent miscarriages now pregant

I just wanted to tell my story as this time last year I was in turmoil. I have a 2.5 year old daughter and I had a pregnancy with no concerns, and, last February, we started trying for another. Unfortunately I suffered three miscarriages. I wanted to share this because I was so worried I wouldn't ever have a successful pregnancy again. I'm now 18 weeks pregnant and, up to now, everything is fine. I hope this helps anyone who is going through this at the moment, I didnt have any interventions, all naturally conceived. I feel so lucky and swore to myself I'd share this if I had a happy ending. Good luck everyone. 

Replies

• Hi @NCairns84 we are so sorry for your losses, but thank you so much for posting this really positive thread. It's wonderful to read and it really will give women hope who have been in a similar situ to you. And welcome to the forum! 

• Hi @NCairns84

Thank you so much for your post. I am truly sorry for your loss and can relate to your story.
    This is exactly what I wanted to read. Congratulations!

I am now pregnant again after 3 miscarriages  and absolutly terrified we are going to lose this baby too 

Also not sure whether to make an appointment at the docs yet and has anyone had an early scan after 3 miscarriages? 

Thanks! 

• @Pembroke my GP send me just cos I had so e pink discharge and my anxiety was over the top with panic attacks. Fingers crossed you have sticky bean there
  • I've also had 3 miscarriages and now pregnant again at 18 weeks. I had my first scan with this one at 7 weeks. I would give your early pregnancy unit a call as they told me to get in contact as soon as I was pregnant again. They have been brilliant and have offered me loads of scans due to having the multiable miscarriages.
  • Congratulations @Sami0227. You must feel relieved to have got to 18 weeks. I will get in contact with them on Monday. Have you had any tests or treatment done as a result of your miscarriages? 
  • Thanks @Pembroke, it's been nerve wracking the whole 18 months, not a day goes by were I think something might go wrong but scans and midwife appointments seem to be putting my mind at ease. I had loads of tests done, all of which came back fine. The consultant at the hospital did put me on blood thinning injections and baby asprin though to see if that would make a difference, not sure if it's helped or just a coincidence. Il keep checking this page incase you need any advice or someone to talk to as I know how hard it can be :) 
  • @Pembroke definitely try and get in for an early scan.  It will put your mind at rest.  I am 23 weeks now and I am still a nervous wreck every time I go to the toilet or I don't 'feel' pregnant, I don't think that is ever going to go.  I had a scan at 7 5 weeks and 5 days, they paid privately at 8 weeks then another at 10 weeks and then my 12 week and 20 week one. They have kept a really close eye on me and have checked for the heartbeat at every apt.  I have a few more apts than someone normally would (through choice and a midwife who could see how anxious I was).  Try and stay positive, relax and enjoy it.  I am sure all will be fine. Keep us updated x
  • Thanks. I still have a few weeks to go until my first scan at 7/8 weeks. Last time I went for a scan at this stage there was no heartbeat, so I am nervous but trying to stay calm and know I am doing all I can do. My other two miscarriages were chemical and lost at 5 weeks. However I have a healthy, beautiful 1 year old boy and know it is possible to get over the line. Wishing you ladies all the best and am grateful for your support.
  • I am sure it will all work out this time.  I did a test every 3 days up until my early scan, that really reassured me as the line kept getting darker and the weeks kept going up.  Just to warn you though, I did become very obsessed with it but it did put my mind at ease.  Keep us all posted, good luck!
  • I also know how difficult pregnancy can be after a loss unfortunately. I was told my baby boy’s heart had stopped at my 20 week scan last year- I was obviously devastated. I then had another mc at 11 weeks but I am now 26 weeks pregnant and so far everything looks good. All I can say is to take each day as it comes. I have been a nervous wreck and can still have a melt down but each day gets slightly easier. It’s a traumatic journey but when we get our babies in our arms at the end, everything will be worth it. Xxx
  • Up until 24 hours ago I have been feeling the usual symptoms of pregnancy, fatigue, dizziness etc but this morning I woke up still feeling fine after yesterday but with what I suspect is period pain. The dull pain made me want to take a test and check my HCG levels and the line appears much fainter than a test I took two days ago. As this is my fifth pregnancy I am in tune with the signs and am now waiting to start my period. 😢
    I just don’t know what to do or if a second baby is ever going to happen for us...
  • How far along are you? It can be perfectly normal for symptoms to come and go. Mine did constantly and made me worry like mad, but it's perfectly normal x
  • 4 weeks 5 days. I’ve been feeling sick and now nothing except lower back pain and a faint line on a pregnancy test. It just feels to me like another chemical pregnancy 🤰  (up until now I have been positive.)
  • I am sure you will, did you test early? When I had mine I always tested early and then was able to track the line.  If I had waited, I would never have known so if you have tested when you should have done it is more likely that everything will be fine, especially if there is a line there.  Mine were more or less invisible after two days.  Good luck and keep us updated!
  • Mine came and went a lot, and still do!! The miscarriages/chems, I just 'knew'.  Stay positive and I am sure everything will be fine.  I know you probably think it is easy for me to say but, honestly, I have been there and it is awful, the wait is the worst few weeks but hopefully this time it is a sticky bean.
  • The top test I took this morning and the bottom one I took two days ago, again first thing. Is it me or is there a significant difference? Plus with my symptoms dropping off...  so hard not to feel low.
  • They look absolutely fine. As @NCairns84 has said the line would have more or less disappeared after a couple of days if you were. I had a chemical in December and new straight away as my first test was really dark then after 2/3 days it had almost vanished. With this pregnancy now I had alot of period like pains at the beginning and that's normal it's all the hormones rushing about. Try not to worry.
  • I think that looks absolutely fine, mine were never that clear and the one from a couple of days ago could have changed a lot that what it looked like at the time.  It is a clear positive.  Honestly, my symptoms were on and off and I think sometimes I imagined symptoms had gone when they hadn't or vice versa.  Keep us posted!
  • Sorry to say this but same happend to me when I misscaried :(,call EPU and ask for advice and may be blood tests...fingers crossed everything will be fine
  • I agree there is a slim chance I could be ok. I’ve called my EPU and can’t get an appointment as I’m too early in my pregnancy I would need to go to my GP and I can’t get an appointment with him until tomorrow. My only other option today is to go to a walk in clinic. I will let you know the outcome.