Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Baby very fussy and doesn't eat alot.

My daughter way born March 29th 2018 she was a month early but weighed almost 9 pounds! Ever since she was born shes been extreamly fussy and screams randomly. She doesn't eat neae as much as she should some days its 2 maybe 3 ounces every 3 to 4 hours other times I can barely get a ounce in her every 3 to 4 hours. She does have colic and reflux but I know this isn't because of that. We've been to multiple doctors and multiple er trips and they all make it seem like my daughter has to starve and lose weight before they will do anything. The last couple days she randomly starts to shake also. Anyone ever go three this before or have any suggestions!

Replies

• I’m going through this now and my baby is 5 weeks. I can’t really give you any advice because I’m still struggling on. I feel like I can’t cope because my baby also never sleeps. 

• Nothing you do helps them. And the doctors wont listen to yo uh at all. I have a 4 year old a d je is now acting out because the baby needs so much attention.

• Speak to your health visitor xxx

• I have multiple times with no help

• Do you have a children’s centre near by they have lots of help and information xxx

• Have you changed milk? our little one was so poorly on aptimil and ended up in hospital dehydrated but has now switched the cow and gate And some reflux meds and is much better. Just an idea. 

• You could deffo change milk - that's an option (HiPP Organic is meant to be good, but i was an Aptimal girl myself) , but remember, as long as your baby is gaining weight, does plenty of wet nappies and a poo every other day or so, baby should be ok. My daughter wasn't a great feeder - could barely get 16 oz in her a day, even when she was 4 months old, and she would often vomit up so much of the feeds too, so i know where you're coming from. 

It should get better, but like i said, as long as you get wet nappies and no weight loss, you should be ok. x

• Hi Katewest my baby is a day younger than yours! 

We‘ve been through a similar scenario I think. Penelope has always been super fussy, creaming for hours on end, screaming whilst feeding, wouldn't tolerate being put down, would only take 1oz then hours later 4oz, just randomly feeding different amounts. Weve been prescribed many different milks as it was a suspected cows protein allergy, gaviscon and ranitidine for silent reflux. she was still only taking small amounts so i did some research and read HIPP organic milk was good and worth a try, afterall we had tried everything. We’ve been on it a few weeks and she guzzled it down. We’re now up to 5oz bottles and I want to throw a party every time she finishes a bottle!

However, from about 6 weeks she did natutally improve With the wind and crying so we‘ve been lucky. 

Just saying, the milk could be worth a try. Or even just look into it and read some reviews about the milk to see if you think it could be something to try. xxxx

• My daughter way born March 29th 2018 she was a month early but weighed almost 9 pounds! Ever since she was born shes been extreamly fussy and screams randomly. She doesn't eat neae as much as she should some days its 2 maybe 3 ounces every 3 to 4 hours other times I can barely get a ounce in her every 3 to 4 hours. She does have colic and reflux but I know this isn't because of that. We've been to multiple doctors and multiple er trips and they all make it seem like my daughter has to starve and lose weight before they will do anything. The last couple days she randomly starts to shake also. Anyone ever go three this before or have any suggestions!

maybe she was teething at the time