Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss

Recurrent miscarriages and taking aspirin and progesterone

Hi, I'm just looking for abit of advice and wondering if anyone has had any success with taking aspirin and progesterone after previous recurrent miscarriages? Over the past couple of years I have had 3 miscarriages quite earlier on, last year I had test done indicating I have a blood clotting issue. So I was advised in my next pregnancy to start taking aspirin along with folic acid and vitamin d.

A couple of days ago I found out I was 4 weeks pregnant and instantly started taking the medication as advised, I was prescribed progesterone yesterday so I had my first tablet last night. But later on the same night of getting the positive test, I did start spotting which was a very slight pinky colour and then brown which has been on and off since. Two nights ago I did lose a little bit of pinky/red colour blood. But only been brown since. These episodes are only when I'm going to the toilet and wiping, so I'm not actually soaking any pads.

I'm just wondering has anyone else taken aspirin and possibly had any spotting/bleeding afterwards? But the pregnancy has been okay? I have googled it and it does say it can be a reaction from the aspirin😕 But I'm going out of my mind worrying and automatically assuming the worst is about to happen. I'm trying to stay positive 🤞

Replies

• I've previously had 3 miscarriages now pregnant again. Have they not also put you on blood thinning injections (Enoxaparin)? I had the same, spotting at 5 weeks for about a week then it settled. 
  • Nope not just yet, they've said once I've had my reassurance scan in a couple of weeks I will then be starting the injections. I'm just hoping everything's ok in the mean while and the brown blood eases off. Was your spotting like mine? 
  • Yes it was exactly alike, it started off red/ pink then went brown. You should be fine, so try not to worry to much x 
  • Oh that great news, I'm glad everything is going smoothly for you. I really am hoping everything is ok.
    Was you on aspirin at the beginning when you started spotting? x
  • Yes as soon as I got a positive I was put straight on them, then at 6 week I was put on the injections then a week later they upped my asprin to 150ml, so far it seems to be working I'm now 21 week x
  • I was too, I've been prescribed 150mg aspirin, 5mg folic acid, progesterone 400mg and vitamin d 10mg. Hopefully this all helps and everything goes ok for me until I can start the injections after my reassurance scan. It's such a worrying time 😔
  • I know but the time will fly by. Just stay positive. Think about it positively, this time they are giving you medication so you have a much better chance x 
  • That's so true, that's how I'm trying to look at it and I do have hope that it be ok with the medication :) have you had scans more often during this pregnancy?x
  • Yes had alot more scans. And if you ask the midwife she can take you in every week after 16weeks to check the heartbeat x
  • Thank you, I will sure be asking for all the extra checks xx
  • This afternoon I have started bleeding quite heavy I don't know what to think now I've called Epu and they've told me to test again Monday xx