Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Opinions please (includes TMI photo!)

Hello just wondering if any of you ladies could shed some light please.

Basically I have just been diagnosed a week ago with PCOS, confirmed with an internal scan. I haven’t had a period or any kind of bleed since coming off the pill in August.

Anyway around the 9th May... I started getting faint lines on OPKs when I never get anything... they didn’t seem to get darker (only done it for three days) so I gave up. Thinking back to the weeks following that I was tired all the time, headaches and I had ALOT of white discharge.

Fast forward to the 27th, I went to the loo at work to find a bit of brown blood in my knickers (see pic) and got excited that I was finally having a period. I put a pad on and I haven’t bled at all since except it was very slightly brown when I wiped the next day.

Now today (30th) I am having thin white discharge that’s making me feel really wet and mild cramps. 

My question is, do you think I actually have a chance of being pregnant or am I wishful thinking? Also when is it best to test after IB?

thanks! 

Replies

• Hi hun x faint lines on ovulation tests are negative.  For a positive ovulation test the tsst line has to be AS dark or darker than the control line. Saying that, it doesn't mean u cant not be pregnant  its just harder for u to determine when to test as u haven't had a period for a while x i would say get some cheap pregnany tests and test every day for a week or so. Some times coming off the pill it can take a while for the period to begin. It varies really. X
  • Hi hun x faint lines on ovulation tests are negative.  For a positive ovulation test the tsst line has to be AS dark or darker than the control line. Saying that, it doesn't mean u cant not be pregnant  its just harder for u to determine when to test as u haven't had a period for a while x i would say get some cheap pregnany tests and test every day for a week or so. Some times coming off the pill it can take a while for the period to begin. It varies really. X
    Thanks for replying.

I know about OPKs but was told by someone (and research) that a faint line could indicate a surge coming, if you know what I mean? 

Im not having periods because of my PCOS. Doctor was very concerned when I said that I hadn’t bled for over 10months. 

Do you think the symptoms I’ve been experiencing could lead to pregnancy?
  • Anything is possible hun yes.just cos u have PCOS doesn't mean u cant fall pregnant.  Dont read too much into the opk as they all have 2 lines and when one is faint its a negative  x i would say it's worth checking with the doc what the next step is for u and if there is any medication to stimulate the ovaries etc x
  • I have PCOS and with my first and again now I’m having help under the fertility clinic to help me ovulate, if you’re not having periods I don’t think you can be ovulating so that needs to be sorted. Give your GP a call and they can refer you to your fertility clinic lovely xx