Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

TTC first baby - getting a little obsessed!

191011121315»

Replies

• witmore26 Did you get a positive opk so far?
  • edited Apr 10, 2019 4:52PM
    Good Afternoon everyone! I am new to the forum, and I spent my morning reading through all of your posts. 

I am 23 and was diagnosed with Endometriosis in June 2018. My SO and I have been TTC for two cycles. I am due for AF on April 20th, and I am patiently waiting to take a test!! I am getting so caught up in my head with fear since I got my diagnosis about being able to conceive. I took an ovulation test last week while we were trying and got a positive LH on the day that my ovulation predictor app indicated (pic included). My SO and I had sex pretty much every day during my fertile window. 

I know we haven't been trying long, but I am so caught up in my head. I feel like I am obsessed, looking at every ache pain/ or symptom as an indicator of pregnancy. I find myself reading articles and looking at statistics daily. I just need a place to talk to other women who are going through the same thing, my SO just doesn't understand. 

Thank you for your posts and putting me (somewhat lol) at ease. 
    Good luck to everyone <3
  • Hello everyone, 

First time posting here!
    My partner and I have been trying for a baby for 6 months. In my last 3 cycles we made sure we were having sex several days during my fertile window realising (for him mostly) that it wasn't as easy as we (he) thought. Also, I get PMDD some  months so I really want/need to get pregnant to kind of stop those episodes until I can go back to pill. This month my partner decided he was too tired to have sex on the most important day, the one before I ovulate (LH peak). The reason is simple, he gets up very early to go to the gym or to work (6am). I feel very upset about it because its only a few days in a month and I wish he prioritised us during that time.
    Am I being unfair?

Looking forward to reading your opinion. 

Laura 
  • edited Aug 15, 2019 9:25AM
    Post deleted by MadeForMums. 
    Here's a link to our Chat guidelines
  • Good Afternoon everyone! I am new to the forum, and I spent my morning reading through all of your posts. 

I am 23 and was diagnosed with Endometriosis in June 2018. My SO and I have been TTC for two cycles. I am due for AF on April 20th, and I am patiently waiting to take a test!! I am getting so caught up in my head with fear since I got my diagnosis about being able to conceive. I took an ovulation test last week while we were trying and got a positive LH on the day that my ovulation predictor app indicated (pic included). My SO and I had sex pretty much every day during my fertile window. 

I know we haven't been trying long, but I am so caught up in my head. I feel like I am obsessed, looking at every ache pain/ or symptom as an indicator of pregnancy. I find myself reading articles and looking at statistics daily. I just need a place to talk to other women who are going through the same thing, my SO just doesn't understand. 

Thank you for your posts and putting me (somewhat lol) at ease. 
    Good luck to everyone <3
    Hey @Ashleigh5485. Can I ask your symptoms for endometriosis? As we are also trying for 7 months but no luck. I'm afraid now!
  • edited Jun 29, 2019 1:33AM
    Hi @Sam. 
    I had quite a few symptoms before my diagnosis. Really heavy periods. Very painful cramps and back pain. Pain during sex. The only definitive way to diagnose endometriosis is through a laparoscopy, which I finally got in April 2018 after serial abdominal ultrasounds. Also- my grandmother and mother both had it so it was about a pretty high chance. Even if you did have endometriosis it doesn't necessarily hinder your ability to conceive, the bigger issue is that you cannot seek treatment while trying to conceive because it's your ovaries causing the issue. 

I am happy to say though, that I am pregnant now. 8 weeks tomorrow and everything is great. 

If you're concerned, I would just speak to your doctor. Goodluck 💕
  • Hi @Sam. 
    I had quite a few symptoms before my diagnosis. Really heavy periods. Very painful cramps and back pain. Pain during sex. The only definitive way to diagnose endometriosis is through a laparoscopy, which I finally got in April 2018 after serial abdominal ultrasounds. Also- my grandmother and mother both had it so it was about a pretty high chance. Even if you did have endometriosis it doesn't necessarily hinder your ability to conceive, the bigger issue is that you cannot seek treatment while trying to conceive because it's your ovaries causing the issue. 

I am happy to say though, that I am pregnant now. 8 weeks tomorrow and everything is great. 

If you're concerned, I would just speak to your doctor. Goodluck 💕
    Awww.. so good to hear that, congratulations  :)
    Ok, thank you so much for your response xxx
  • Hi
    I can see this thread has been going a while and hasn’t been commented on for a bit.

Myself and my oh are on cycle 9 of ttc for our first baby. I’m 29 he is 32.

Waiting for af to arrive atm and already had a uti 2 days po and had to go on antibiotics so thinking it hasn’t happened this month... again.

Just looking for an outlet to share experiences with people that might understand and not think I’m strange for getting upset at times and worrying xx