Forum home Babies Baby

January 2019 Babies - Part 2

Replies

• We just got the petit filous ones that are fromage frais. There’s only about 4 spoonfuls in them but he liked them. Also got low low salt stock cubes yesterday to make him some soup. Couldn’t find ham ones for the life of me though! 
  • Chech I have only seen the veg and chicken ones.
    I made Logan a salmon thing from Anabel karmel which he demolished, and he had chicken last night. Safe to say he isn't a veggie! 
    Ive only tried him with natural yoghurt but I have been giving him some wee Heinz puds which he loves
  • Arden hates the Heinz puddings. I can’t believe he doesn’t like custard, it’s his dad’s favourite thing ever. 
    We haven’t done meats yet. I’ve never cooked or eaten salmon in my life but I will make it for Arden. Do you have the book or is it an app you found the recipe?
  • I hate salmon too, all fish but don't want to put that onto Logan. It's a recipe from Annabel karmel weaning book, I don't mind sending it to you  
  • Hey girls! Did your LO poo go green when you started weaning them?
  • When you made carrots for example for first foods did you freeze them? My mum bought me these little silicone trays to freeze but each individual pot looks a bit big for one portion to begin with I suppose 
  • I was eating strawberries and Evie was reaching for it so I let her have it and she was literally face planting or sucking on it lol! She’s still got 3 weeks till weaning!
  • IK123 said:
    Hey girls! Did your LO poo go green when you started weaning them?
    It can do, it will change 
  • Yep, what I’ve been doing is batch cooking on a Sunday in our smallest pan then separate it up and pop in the freezer. I then take them out in the morning and they’re good by feeding time 
  • Zoenew said:
    When you made carrots for example for first foods did you freeze them? My mum bought me these little silicone trays to freeze but each individual pot looks a bit big for one portion to begin with I suppose 
    Yeah zoe. But just use ice cube trays, so easy and smaller. Once frozen pop into a tub or freezer bag. You can then mix diff flavours and add fruits to porridge or yoghurts too.
  • Ik Logan's poo is always green cos of his formula so I can't say I noticed a difference

Silicone trays are the way to go, I got some plastic ones and snapped them trying to get the food out
  • Oh ok! Because I woke up to green poo today and I was like this must be the start of weaning lol! He had pureed fruit yesterday so must have been from that 
  • Thanks!! How many Ice cubes to start with? Xxx
  • I started with two then moved up to 3 when he started finishing them, I found I lost a wee bit during heating back up so one wasn't enough. 
  • Thank you so much! Its mad how little they eat at first! Did you all do one taste for 3 days incase of allergy? 
  • I didn’t think they could have petit folios because of the added sugars?

zoe she may be ready to start earlier! We started at 5 months. I basically made ice cube trays of several different things and then we did two weeks of singles and now I mix what I have. I added some fresh bits in if we have so maybe courgette or peas or broccoli etc. Are you doing purées or baby led? Or a mix? We’re doing purely purées until 6 months then will encourage the use of hands.

salmon is so good for babies and for some reason they tend to love it! We haven’t done any meat yet

oh and yes we have hard green logo type poops now 🤢 and they smell so much worse! So gross 
  • Zoe I did the same as bandaid with lots of cubes of single veggies and fruits and then after a few days would mix and match them. Now he has a meat thing with a veg, tried turkey, chicken, sausage, and salmon so far. 
    I'm mixing with baby led, at first he didn't have a clue what to do with things but now he is putting them straight to his mouth with or without his dummy being in place
  • Well, I naively didn’t check the sugar content but I’m told that the Tesco ones are lower in fat. I’m loathe to buy the natural yoghurts because they’re always in such huge pots so ill need to do some label comparison when I’m next in the supermarket. 
  • Well, I naively didn’t check the sugar content but I’m told that the Tesco ones are lower in sugar. I’m loathe to buy the natural yoghurts because they’re always in such huge pots so ill need to do some label comparison when I’m next in the supermarket.