Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Acupuncture - Does it work?

Hi All! 

TTC for 2 years, NHS are not helpful as partner has children. I'm a healthy weight, 29 years old, a (now very regretful) termination at 18, ovulation and AF are regular, dtd in fertile days like clockwork...details of my struggle are in another listed discussion I've posted.
Running out of options, and hope  :'(

People keep suggesting acupuncture before i take the giant, expensive leap to private clinics and treatments but i am very skeptical.

Anyone got any words of wisdom about this?
Is it worth the time and money?
Also when is it best to book a session in your cycle?

TY in advance :) x

Replies

• i havent got any experience with ancupuncture but if people keep suggesting maybe give it a go.

also have you tried reflexology, people say that helps too?x
  • I have no suggestions on accupuncture, but a suggestion - have you tried preseed? I've heard so so many success stories on it x
  • @Amnx - thank you, i'm thinking i will try it and look into reflexology as well. I guess the point is to de-stress (the dreaded S word)
    I have booked a private fertility MOT for £300 and ill see what the results from that show. If everything looks good to go, i might look into it. Thank you for your suggestion. x

@beautyandthebump - i have had so many suggestions to get preseed that i had no choice but to go and buy on my lunch break yesterday! im on CD 19 today s wont ovulate for another month but ill keep you updated on how it goes! so many people keep recommending it that it must be good! x
  • good luck x
  • I'm a newbie and just came across your post. I've done over 10 sessions (in the last 2 months)of acupuncture with a Chinese Dr. I don't enjoy it. As it was quite uncomfortable and sometimes painful. It has definitely make a difference to regulates my hormones and body temp. I'm still trying though.
  • Hi @Sufiz, thank you for your message!
    10 sessions in 2 months! that's a lot! Are you doing acupuncture to help with fertility specifically?
    My first appointment has been moved to 2nd September now. Not sure im looking forward to 'uncomfortable'  :s how do you monitor your hormones? has it made you feel calmer and less stressed?
    Can i ask how long you have been TTC?
    x
  • x-Alice-x said:
    Hi @Sufiz, thank you for your message!
    10 sessions in 2 months! that's a lot! Are you doing acupuncture to help with fertility specifically?
    My first appointment has been moved to 2nd September now. Not sure im looking forward to 'uncomfortable'  :s how do you monitor your hormones? has it made you feel calmer and less stressed?
    Can i ask how long you have been TTC?
    x
    Hi Alice, I've been trying for the past 6 months. The acupuncture session I had was for fertility. I had acupuncture years back just for relaxation. But maybe my body has changed, I find the 10 sessions wasn't as relaxing as I hoped. My chinese Dr. put the needles quite deep. I get nervous thinking about it. I do BBT every morning. So I can see how my body temperature changed from the past 3 months, i. e my hormones/temperature are at an okay level after ovalution now. But I'm also taking Chinese herbal teas too. So I think it's a combination of both. At the moment, I'm taking a break from the acupuncture, just the teas twice a day.