Forum home Babies Baby

January 2019 Babies - Part 2

Replies

• See brodie can roll so I don't like leaving her on anything. Also like her to be near me when she's napping so not quite sure! 
  • Sleepyhead in her Snuz Pod, blocked in on the sofa or me if she won’t  let me put her down 🤦🏻‍♀️
  • I have the monitor on if she goes in her snuz pod. Anyone still got bub in their bedroom with them? I don’t want Evie to go in her bedroom 😭
  • Brodie is still in beside me Zoe and she will be for the foreseeable future. I'm not in any hurry, I like having her near me so I can check on her if I wake etc.  I didn't put Kendall into her own room until she was about ten months old. 
  • Yep Coops still.in with us. Skye has only just gone out of our room when we moved. She's now in with her sister. Andy wanted Cooper in his on room when we moved in but im not ready yet and im still breast feeding so not traipsing around the house in the night if he wakes or is unsettled.
  • Cooper still.fits in this tbh and has a good 2hr plus nap x
  • Is it a bouncy chair? Our one is guff, Chris picked it without my consent 🙄
  • Logan has now started having all his naps in his cot which is great. Previously he would nap on us or the pram which was a pain for getting things done. Even when tiny he wouldn't nap in anything. 

Our bouncy chair is a cheap one as we had this infant/ toddler chair but he wasn't happy in it for more than 15 minutes so didn't want to spend a lot. He actually loves the bouncy now! Getting a bit big for it! 
  • Brodie has an electric swing that she prefers to the bouncy chair and she loves it. She can't nap in it though as it doesn't recline much,  I'd rather she was lying down to sleep! Might just need to start putting in her the cot, she still has 4 or 5 naps a day. A couple that are at least an hour and the rest are just short. 
  • I've been sticking to a strict napping schedule when we are at home and that has made a huge difference! 
    For the last two mornings I've had to wake Logan for his bottle in the morning, this morning he went from 330 without a peep. Only thing is he worries me when he does that cos it's not like him! 
  • Jdoo I can totally relate. On Monday Arden slept from 8:45 to 5:30 and I was up all night checking he was breathing because it’s so unlike him 😂 I’d have gotten a better sleep if he’d been up!
  • Someone had banana today!

• Omg!! Beautiful col!! 😍
  • She’s very cute! Are you preferring baby led Col? Made my first bath of carrot for the freezer to start Sunday... I gave Evie a taste for it and she had 3 baby spoons! 
  • Nope, I do not! I still hate it. She basically either gags constantly or spits it out all the time.she swallows nothing! She can totally batter through purees though so I'm going to stick to that for now and just the odd finger food to see if there's any progress there. 
  • Is it a bouncy chair? Our one is guff, Chris picked it without my consent 🙄
    Yes sorry. For some reason my notifications have been going into my spam folder 😤
    My brother and his wife bought it us, tbh it was awful when he was little, but is great now. His head was always pushed forward.
  • Coops choked on banana the other day so he won't be having that for a while, in a solid form.

I was checking sugar contents because of a comment on here aviut Petis filous/fromage frais for little ones. My eldest is 13 and they were a common  first food for him along with mash and gravy, how much of a bad mother does that make me feel. Anyway, i compared a tesco own fromage frais to a piccolo fruit pouch,  the fruit pouch contained more sugar per 100g than the yoghurt......so Cooper had his first proper yoghurt today. I think as long as they have a varied diet its fine, isn't it? 
  • Brodie is literally choking on everything so I just don't want to do it anymore 😭 we are going to a baby bites class next week where you take your baby and they get to taste various things. I'm gonna see if her constant gagging etc is normal. Tbh though I'm thinking i'll just stick to puree for a wee while longer as she can batter through them but chokes till she's red in the face on any kind of finger food! I've given brodie proper yoghurts this week. I'm the same as you, I'm skeptical about lack of sugar in other stuff anyway so can't see it doing any harm. Plus they're tiny! I just got the yeo ones from asda and she loves them! 
  • It's horrid isnt it. Coops went blue and floppy with a rusk yesterday . He was gagging but brought it back, then it went again and got lodged. I grabbed him out the high chair but he had changed colour and his eyes had glassed and he was floppy and a dead weight. Worse thing ever. But same as Brodie, he's fantastic with purees, has savoury followed by sweet now. Even had a powdered one with tiny pasta stars in.
  • Sounds horrible!! Everyone is raving about baby led and I feel like I should be trying it but no, it isn't working for her at the moment, so I'll try again in a few weeks. It's all trial and error really eh and all babies are so different!