Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Came off Cerazette in June....still waiting

Hi guys,

I came off cerazette on the 4th of June and after a day, I had a very light barely there withdrawal bleed.  I would like to get my cycle back on track to start TTC baby #2.  My first baby was unplanned so this time, I will be completely new to tracking ovulation and all that comes with actually TTC.  I'm getting very anxious because my cycle hasn't returned yet but I know it could take awhile.  I'm going to keep this as a sort of diary for now to track my cycle and what's going on.  I am about 2 stone heavier now than I was when I conceived my first daughter so I am going to work on losing weight which might help my cycles return.  I've also starting taking krill oil and pre-conception vitamins.  I'll keep this updated :smile:

Replies

• Hi, I was on the same pill. Took 7 weeks for my period to arrive. Hopeful AF will arrive soon for you. I got pregnant on my third cycle tho, so once I got my period, everything returned to normal. 
  • JaneDC said:
    Hi, I was on the same pill. Took 7 weeks for my period to arrive. Hopeful AF will arrive soon for you. I got pregnant on my third cycle tho, so once I got my period, everything returned to normal. 
    So glad to hear that.  I hope mine returns to normal that fast :) xx
  • Hi, I came off it on the 14th June, and AF arrived last night so about 5 weeks. I had no withdrawal bleed. I had really bad cramps and pains on and off for about two weeks before hand and sore boobs. Hopefully all back to normal soon :) x
  • Hi, I came off it on the 14th June, and AF arrived last night so about 5 weeks. I had no withdrawal bleed. I had really bad cramps and pains on and off for about two weeks before hand and sore boobs. Hopefully all back to normal soon :) x
    Thanks so much.  That really gives me hope that something will happen soon.  I'm so excited to start my TTC journey. xx
  • Still nothing  :( I had cramping a few days ago and thought that AF was on the way but I've had nothing.  All this waiting around with nothing happening is hard.
  • I know it's frustrating waiting for that first period to arrive. I hope something happens soon X 
  • I was reading another thread where someone said it took them 15 months to get a period after coming off cerazette. 
  • I read through all of the cerazette threads on this forum when I came off this pill and there are some worst case stories our there. But I do remember that it took about 2 months for most of the posters first AF to arrive, which kept me sane. You are still in that time frame. 
  • It took me 64 days to have my first period after coming off cerazette. The next one was around 40ish days and then it went back to normal after that. 

They say anything upto 6 months is fairly common and nothing to worry about 
  • I’m happy to report that I am pregnant.  My period never came.  I got off cerazette on the 4th of June and found out I was pregnant on the 4th of August ☺️ Xx
  • Wow congratulations 🎊 happy and healthy 9 months. Did you get many symptoms x
  • Great news! Congrats.
  • I had an early miscarriage at 7 weeks unfortunately but thanks girls.  I'm on the TTC bandwagon again xx
  • Wow congratulations 🎊 happy and healthy 9 months. Did you get many symptoms x
    Thanks hun but I had a miscarriage sadly.  The only symptom I had was tender boobs. xx
  • Oh, so sorry to hear that. X