Forum home Article comments
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Boy or girl: can my pregnancy scan be wrong?

SystemSystem mod
edited Mar 30, 2019 9:26PM in Article comments

imageBoy or girl: can my pregnancy scan be wrong?

Lots of pregnant women and partners look forward to finding out the sex of their baby at their ultrasound scan. But is it always correct? Not according to MFM mums and the experts...

Read the full story here

Replies

• At my 20 week scan I was told I was having a girl. Sonographer’s words were ‘she looks like a girl’ and was so certain. I was so excited and painted the nursery pink, had her name picked, personalised little bits and everything she would need. Of course in pink!
    Fast forward to 25 weeks I went for a 4d scan, so many parents and I could see her little face.
    She then became he??? How on earth could boy bits be missed I have no idea.
    But I can clearly see boy bits on the ultra sound! Was absolutely shocked. I’m happy to be having a son now that it has sunk in! And I can’t wait to meet him.
  • @Jazz223 : Just curious . did you deliver baby boy then?
    I am in the same situation , got my 19 week anatomy scan and it says girl. Dont know if i should trust .
  • edited Jul 22, 2019 8:40AM

Post deleted by MadeForMums. 
    Here's a link to our Chat guidelines. 

• In my 20 week scan on Friday sonograher told about that gender it look like a girl.... I need to trust...
  • So interesting to hear everyone's experiences – thanks so much for your comments!
  • Jazz223 said:
    At my 20 week scan I was told I was having a girl. Sonographer’s words were ‘she looks like a girl’ and was so certain. I was so excited and painted the nursery pink, had her name picked, personalised little bits and everything she would need. Of course in pink!
    Fast forward to 25 weeks I went for a 4d scan, so many parents and I could see her little face.
    She then became he??? How on earth could boy bits be missed I have no idea.
    But I can clearly see boy bits on the ultra sound! Was absolutely shocked. I’m happy to be having a son now that it has sunk in! And I can’t wait to meet him.
    Hi Jazz, when they told you it was a girl, did they check via potty shot and how many weeks were you?x
  • Hi
    I’m 16 weeks pregnant
    Went to doc for check up and scan and he couldn’t see the gender

Said will have to wait till 20 weeks
    Could it be a girl as someone told me if it was a boy they would have seen it at 16 weeks
  • Hi @Fmz thanks for commenting on this article with your question. 
    We have a Chat forum right here where you can ask your question, and hopefully someone from our lovely community may have the answer. 
  • Please I'm just curious to ask these questions and clear my head.
    I and my husband planned my pregnancy towards my ovulation by using an ovulation predictor because we wanted a baby boy but I went for a scan yesterday at 23weeks and was told it a girl ,
    So I just wanted to know if anything went wrong cous i felt really disappointed. Thanks
  • Please I'm just curious to ask these questions and clear my head.
    I and my husband planned my pregnancy towards my ovulation by using an ovulation predictor because we wanted a baby boy but I went for a scan yesterday at 23weeks and was told it a girl ,
    So I just wanted to know if anything went wrong cous i felt really disappointed. Thanks
  • I went for my ultrasound at 18 weeks and they were not sure of the sex they said maybe a girl I wish I just knew 100% but anyways fast forward to 23 weeks I went for another ultrasound different location and same they had trouble seeing so she guessed a girl. I have gotten a lot of girl stuff and now I’m deciding her name but I’m worried that if there’s a mistake and I end up having a boy I’m would have to redo anything at this point I’m just thinking of waiting to get anymore baby stuff until baby gets here I would be happy with either gender just wish they were 100 percent so I can go all out on baby girl stuff 😂💓
  • I went for my ultrasound at 18 weeks and they were not sure of the sex they said maybe a girl I wish I just knew 100% but anyways fast forward to 23 weeks I went for another ultrasound different location and same they had trouble seeing so she guessed a girl. I have gotten a lot of girl stuff and now I’m deciding her name but I’m worried that if there’s a mistake and I end up having a boy I’m would have to redo anything at this point I’m just thinking of waiting to get anymore baby stuff until baby gets here I would be happy with either gender just wish they were 100 percent so I can go all out on baby girl stuff 😂💓
    Hi have u be able to tell what sex ur baby is
  • Chidimma, that is an awful thing to say! I hope you take care of that little girl just the same.
    You can not guarantee a boy by natural methods, nothing "went wrong" and all babies are a blessing!