Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

My toddler hates having his hair washed - any tips?

Hi just  wondered if anyone has any tips for hair washing? My 15 month old absolutely detests it and it really upsets me too as I don’t want bath time to become an in enjoyable experience for him. If anyone has any tips to make it a bit less stressful please let me know. Thank you xx

Replies

• Options

I had this with my kids - i used to give her a flannel to hold over her eyes while washing. I also still use one of these silicone jugs as they don't seem to be as scary as using the shower head. I feel your pain though, and even now, i only wash my girls hair once a week or so, but thats mostly to avoid nits! 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Munchkin-Shampoo-Rinser-Easy-Grip-Colours/dp/B006MB1PCS/ref=sr_1_2?s=baby&ie=UTF8&qid=1539775241&sr=1-2&keywords=hair+washing+jug

• Options

Thankyou very much. That jug looks great! I will buy one xx

• Options
    Hi! My son's 3 years old already and even until now, he cries a lot whenever we wash his hair with shampoo. What I do is well, tell white lies such as the bacteria growing on his hair if we don't clean it.  :D  I also distract him, telling him to look at this or that until we're done washing his hair. I also find out the reason why he's crying during shower and he told me that it's because of the soap getting into his eyes so I ask him to cover his eyes or look up whenever we wash his hair. Sometimes, I let him hug me and it doesn't matter if I get out of the shower wet as long as we can have a less stressful bath time.
  • Options
    Thankyou. I’ll try your tips xx