Forum home Getting pregnant Conception & fertility problems

Any LGBTQ couples here trying IVF?

Hi!  I'm Van and my gf and I have been together for quite a while now.  In fact, we have a baby girl!  We adopted her and it's been wonderful 11 years.  We want to have a boy and we decided to try IVF so our baby can be as closest as we can as our own.  Any of you here in the same situation?

Replies

• My wife and I have been trying on off for 4 years to have our own baby. We had a donor friend for a while that we did end up pregnant with but it resulted in chemical pregnancy. Since then we have gone to a private clinic. We did one round natural IUI and then discovered I had PCOS and this is our first round trying with fertility drugs. I am back at the clinic on Friday (26th) to see if it worked  but so far all of my pregnancy test have been negative so I am not holding much hope. We will try another couple of time with assisted IUI and if it doesn't work we will look at IVF. It's all so expensive though :( Good luck to you both, feel free to message me on here if you need to chat xxx
  • Thank you for your reply @Kazam2817!  I was afraid I might not get any.  Good luck to you both for tomorrow!  Excited for you!  I hope it works out.  I'm 40 now so we have our fingers crossed.  We chose Dunya IVF in Cyprus.  We're flying over there so we are quite excited about it!  Something like a vacation too.  We have to plan things well, with work and all. 

• That is exciting please keep me updated on how it all goes because if IUI doesn't work for us then IVF will be our only option and its sooooo expensive here x
  • Sure!  Right now we are doing some tests.  Hopefully we could fly there soon.  And today is your big day!  Praying for you.  Remember everything has its own time.  Try and relax no matter what
  • Hey @VanGn just letting you know our IUI didn’t work this month so just waiting* for AF and then will try again xxx
  • Hi @VanGn me and my wife are from Ireland and we travelled abroad to get a sperm donation. We went to Cyprus and it was waaaay more affordable plus the island is beautiful. We officially found out last July that we are now expecting. It's honestly the best feeling ever because it wasn't easy to get here. I suggest you try to go for a sperm donation procedure as well!
  • Kazam2817 said:
    Hey @VanGn just letting you know our IUI didn’t work this month so just waiting* for AF and then will try again xxx

I'm so sorry it didn't work out.  But yes, trying again is the thing to do.  We just all need to be patient and positive too!
  • Hi @VanGn me and my wife are from Ireland and we travelled abroad to get a sperm donation. We went to Cyprus and it was waaaay more affordable plus the island is beautiful. We officially found out last July that we are now expecting. It's honestly the best feeling ever because it wasn't easy to get here. I suggest you try to go for a sperm donation procedure as well!
    Hi there! Thanks for hopping in. So you went to Cyprus?!  We're booked for Cyprus too!  What clinic were you in?
  • VanGn said:
    Kazam2817 said:
    Hey @VanGn just letting you know our IUI didn’t work this month so just waiting* for AF and then will try again xxx

I'm so sorry it didn't work out.  But yes, trying again is the thing to do.  We just all need to be patient and positive too!
    Thanks, I am back taking Letrozole again and am booked for a scan and bloods next Wednesday so hopefully the drugs do their thing and I have some good follicles. last time it looked like there was 3 but actually ended up only one viable one. how are you feeling about things? x
  • I'm on FSH too.  So far no side effects.  They say you can sometimes feel bloated or soreness but so far so good!  I hope your IUI works for you.  Do you know up to how many tries you can go with that?  I bet you can try as much as you can - how old are you now if you don't mind me asking?
  • I'm 36 and as far as i know we can do it as many times as we like. They do say on average it can take between 2=6 times but generally if you haven't conceived after 4 they would recommend you do IVF, hopefully it wont come to that. 

My scan today showed that my lining isnt thick enough and my follicles are too small at the moment so i have to go back on Friday and hopefully they will be a good enough size to inseminate xx
  • Let's hope they're good tomorrow!  I was just wondering though, and please forgive me if I'm asking something too personal, please don't get offended - but is it you who is testing or your wife?  In our case it has to be me, because we are already sure that she cannot.  And you don't have to answer if you don't want to. ;)