Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Implantation bleed or period?

Hi Everyone 👋🏼

My periods are always a 28 day cycle with my first day always a normal full bleed. I was due on Saturday (10/8).. I wiped and saw blood so thought it had started. But only little bits in knickers and there when I wiped but not a full bleed like I normally see. 

This continued sat/sun/mon... then on Tuesday it started fading. Nothing today (Wednesday).

I took a test Tuesday evening and again Wednesday morning and both negative. 

Could this be an implementation bleed? But I’ve read it tends to happen before period is due and also read that pregnancy tests can pick up from day of period. I also read that if it was an Implantation bleed that 2-3 the hormones are high enough for a positive result.

Very confused here *sad face*

Any advice please? 

Replies

• Hi. 

Just wanted to say I'm having similar at the moment. I don't know if I ovulated on cd16 or cd22 but I had pink spotting on cd26 and have had bits of brown spotting which start late morning or in the afternoon, every day bar one since then. My last 2 cycles were 27 days long (I came off the pill in June). I'm now on cd 31 and so far no spotting. A test on cd was negative and I don't feel pregnant at all (I've been pregnant a few times before so know how it feels).

Hopefully something will happen for us soon, be it pregnancy (ideal of course) or af so we can start again with a new month.

Babydust to you! X
  • DubChick said:
    Hi. 

Just wanted to say I'm having similar at the moment. I don't know if I ovulated on cd16 or cd22 but I had pink spotting on cd26 and have had bits of brown spotting which start late morning or in the afternoon, every day bar one since then. My last 2 cycles were 27 days long (I came off the pill in June). I'm now on cd 31 and so far no spotting. A test on cd was negative and I don't feel pregnant at all (I've been pregnant a few times before so know how it feels).

Hopefully something will happen for us soon, be it pregnancy (ideal of course) or af so we can start again with a new month.

Babydust to you! X

“Babydust to you” <— LOVE THIS!

Sorry to hear you’re going through the same situation. 

I had symptoms early on with my daughter. But nothing now other than the odd cramping. So that makes me worry it’s something else 😔

we torture ourselves don’t we? Every niggle or twinge I feel I subconsciously try to make it baby related. Building up hope! 

When are are you planning to next test? I took my last one last night (negative) so that I’m not constantly wanting to test every hour 🙈

I think because my periods have ALWAYS been so regular and predictable, that now I’m just stumped as to what’s going on!

fingers and toes crossed for us both 🤞🏼 Xx 
  •  Bbbc89 said:
    DubChick said:
    Hi. 

Babydust to you! X

I had symptoms early on with my daughter. But nothing now other than the odd cramping. So that makes me worry it’s something else 😔

we torture ourselves don’t we? Every niggle or twinge I feel I subconsciously try to make it baby related. Building up hope! 

When are are you planning to next test? I took my last one last night (negative) so that I’m not constantly wanting to test every hour 🙈

I think because my periods have ALWAYS been so regular and predictable, that now I’m just stumped as to what’s going on!

AF has arrived for me this evening, so it's onto next month for us. I'm going to try and chart my temps as I don't even know if I'm ovulating after coming off the pill.  Hopefully that will give me a better idea of what my body is doing.

Have you had any more symptoms yet? Xx
  • Ohh 😔 just a little teeny bump in the road. I know it doesn’t help but try and see it as a New cycle means new opportunity 🤞🏼🤞🏼 

I’m still cramping occasionally and started with uncomfortable bloating a hour or so ago. Maybe AF is on the way for me too! 

No sore boobs or sickness. I did notice last week that my sweat smelt different.. not sure if that’s linked 😂 x
  • DubChick said:
     Bbbc89 said:
    DubChick said:
    Hi. 

Babydust to you! X

AF has arrived for me this evening, so it's onto next month for us. I'm going to try and chart my temps as I don't even know if I'm ovulating after coming off the pill.  Hopefully that will give me a better idea of what my body is doing.

Have you had any more symptoms yet? Xx

DucChick what’s going on? 😢 cramping and bloating still.. popped to town before and I was all dizzy and faint. Felt like I couldn’t see! Got a test.. negative 😔 I don’t know what’s going on but I don’t feel right at all! Besides the light bleed.. I’m 6 days late now. Surely it would show positive now if I was pregnant? What do you think? Xx